Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Mojave Mile New Club Members and Awards  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Mike Borders

• Rider
Mojave Mile New Club Members and Awards
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:21:52 PM »
Looks like you guys racked up a ton of new Club members!  :bike:  Here is the official list:

Awards List for Mojave Mile #7 - April 12-13, 2014

Trophy Plaques:

Motorcycle 1 Class:
1st Place - Jim Higgins, 212.7 MPH
2nd Place - David Damon, 209.7 MPH

Motorcycle 2 Class:
1st Place - Rick Wahlberg, 232.0 MPH

LSM Class:
1st Place - Justin Leineweber, 147.8 MPH

Fastest Motorcycle:
Rick Wahlberg, 232.0 MPH

New Mojave Mile Speed Club Members:

200 MPH Club:
   Myles Miller, 217.2 MPH
   Shane San Miguel, 212.7 MPH
   Louis Heil, 208.0 MPH
   Mike Williams, 207.0 MPH
   Bob White, 205.6 MPH
   Mike Hughes, 202.2 MPH
   Joe LaGreca, 201.4 MPH
   Adam Spicer, 201.4 MPH

225 MPH Club:
   R. J. Gottlieb, 232.4 MPH (Big Red)
   Rick Wahlberg, 232.0 MPH
   Tom Fries, 225.0 MPH (Ford GT)

Congrats to all of our new Club members.  :thumb: :thumb:   225 mph shirts are on the way, since we goofed and left them at the shop!  :P
If anyone needs additional shirts, let us know.

It was great to see you all again, stand by for an announcement for the date for the spring, 2015 Mojave MAGNUM!

Mike B.

Offline pasodude

• Rider
Re: Mojave Mile New Club Members and Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 07:05:22 AM »
 :tu: awesome job jim,dave & rick! & nice to seen big red do 232.4 ! Awesome job to mike & crew for putting on a great event ! See u all on the salt ! :bike:

Offline Daveeed

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »
I would like to say Thank You! to Jim for letting me ride his bike. I will also point out my second place finish of 209.7mph was made on Jim's bike. My POS would only go 207.4mph with gearing that was to high (crossing the finish at the top of 5th).
I tell you what, that bike of Jim's is one hell of a sledge hammer. I was concerned about jumping on his bike and riding it like I stole it for three reasons.
1) I had already blowed up my bike and didn't wanna blow up another.
2) Jim's setup is way different than mine, and the bike feels totally different.
3) Jim's bike has more poop than mine, and I have only jumped on bikes that have the same or less poop than mine so it's no big deal.

So after chugging a couple beers I figured WTF, just go out and slaughter the beast.
1st run on Jim's bike I crossed the finish bouncing off the 6th gear limiter at 207.x mph
2nd run on Jim's bike I crossed the finish bouncing off the 6th gear limiter at 209.7mph
(0k, I was kidding about the beers)

Jim, Sorry If i buggered up the Megaphone Exhaust, I had no idea it would scrape like that as I pitched the bike into the right turn onto the return road.

And for the record, I want to state I was glad there was no freakn tail wind what so ever. Yup, dead freakn calm, it was kinda spooky it was so dead calm.  =8^)

AND to all you bastards that got into the 200mph club your first time to the event... Well, congrats and all that crap. High 5! <SLAP!> Come on back... yea going 200mph in the mile is easy...

Smokey Burnout!
DD
Tonsil Cancer Survivor: (HPV-16... go figure)
I race to make my soul smile, not to dismantle yours
Mojave Mile: 207 mph
Mojave Magnum: 209 mph
Bonneville: 200.5 mph
Bub RWB: 194.5 mph (Unacclaimed Champion!)
1397/JE13.5-1/Ward head/Web 415-395
Tuner: Fireman Jim @ JT&S Performance, Sonoma

Offline Mike Borders

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 03:20:04 PM »

So after chugging a couple beers I figured WTF, just go out and slaughter the beast.
(0k, I was kidding about the beers)

Please don't even joke about that, it gives us promoters nightmares!   :eek:

Glad you had a good time.

Mike

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »
As always, a very well run event! Good to see friends old and new.

So my Mojave adventures continued--a perfect example of no good deed goes unpunished!! Came in from a good first run sunday morn--212-- and bike was sounding a bit ragged so went to toss in a set of new plugs. Just bought that week at Cycle gear, new NGK CR 9's. All 4 came out fine and three went on fine, but number FOUR--- as I was tightening it, not even close to crushing crush washer well when suddenly the wrench is spinning! My thoughts are--Oh No not again--- same damn thing happened to my 750 at Mojave about a year and a half ago!!!!!
  Sure enough, had all the threads left in the head. And, of course, it was not 2 or 3, but number 1 right against frame. We tried everything with every tool you can name, at least 4 different decent mechanics, but no go!
 Ended up pulling the motor to get head off(head studs,ya know so cannot remove head in frame) and took out the stub .Head was perfect and another plug threaded right in.
  Wrote nasty e-mail to NGK!
   And to make it even better, I did not pay attention when disassembling and noticed it has a roller timing chain conversion--- and these gears have NO timing marks anywhere!!!! :bah:
 It is back together now, but sure was alot of worry and work for a simple spark plug change!!!!!!!
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club
2017 DLRA 200 MPH club
2018 Shift Sector 200 MPH Club

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
 :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.