Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Sound tips for two bros may damage the engine in high rpm?  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Steve Jung

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Sound tips for two bros may damage the engine in high rpm?
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »
Hi guys

I bought a 06 busa few weeks ago, it has dual carbon two bros slip-on exhaust. It makes sounds bit big but was ok for me.

However recently my country made strong noise regulations for the motorcycle and my bike didn't pass it with two bros.

So I made a sound tip to reduce the noise and get passed the regulation, but I have worries it may damage the engine in high rpm over 6k because of flows blocked by sound tip.

Sound tip looks like attached and it has 28mm hole on it.

I guess it's okay because sound tip didn't reduce the noise lower than OEM exhaust, means more flows came out than the OEM exhaust. But I still have worries about it.

What do you guys think about this? Is it okay to use high rpm with sound tip?

Offline madracer3600

• Rider
Re: Sound tips for two bros may damage the engine in high rpm?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:00:01 AM »
I can't see your picture but Brock's uses a removable baffle in some of his exhausts. I haven't heard any issue and actual ran one on my alien head from brock's for a while without any issues or changing my tune.

Offline Daveeed

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »
Restricting the exhaust will not damage the engine at high rpm, however it may reduce the hp a little.
So what! Just remove the restriction out of the exhaust after you pass the test!
Hell yea, ride it like you stole it!
Tonsil Cancer Survivor: (HPV-16... go figure)
I race to make my soul smile, not to dismantle yours
Mojave Mile: 207 mph
Mojave Magnum: 209 mph
Bonneville: 200.5 mph
Bub RWB: 194.5 mph (Unacclaimed Champion!)
1397/JE13.5-1/Ward head/Web 415-395
Tuner: Fireman Jim @ JT&S Performance, Sonoma

Offline Steve Jung

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »
I can't see your picture but Brock's uses a removable baffle in some of his exhausts. I haven't heard any issue and actual ran one on my alien head from brock's for a while without any issues or changing my tune.

thank you for the reply. i'm using baffle now and no issues so far.

Offline Steve Jung

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »
Restricting the exhaust will not damage the engine at high rpm, however it may reduce the hp a little.
So what! Just remove the restriction out of the exhaust after you pass the test!
Hell yea, ride it like you stole it!

reply helps me much, thanks. i'm using the baffle now to avoid the police on the road.