Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Throttle cable adjustment HELP!  (Read 3863 times)

Offline adrenalinejunkie

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Throttle cable adjustment HELP!
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
GEN 2 w/R1 throttle tube

Having trouble getting the throttle cables to work properly. The throttle sticks and returns usually slowly then sometimes quickly.

Adjusted cables at throttle drum per OEM manual so that clearance is at 0". Both cables have A LOT of slack. Then adjusting the handlebar adjuster out it helps with the slack but the throttle does not act properly. Tried increasing the clearance of the cables at the throttle drum and still cannot figure it out!

*I did buy these cables used. After first twisting the throttle slightly there is a click. The cables do not have the cable guide/arm that mounts to the center of the frame neck.

Any ideas?

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: Throttle cable adjustment HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
Sounds like cables may be run incorrectly
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline adrenalinejunkie

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »
Sounds like cables may be run incorrectly

Where can I get a diagram,pictures or details on how to check this? Im starting to think it has something to do with the R1 throttle maybe something is catching..?

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »
we have one on ours no problem!
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline adrenalinejunkie

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
After taking the throttle apart and cleaning the tube and bar it works as it should now... Must of been catching on something!