Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: No Spark  (Read 13214 times)

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
No Spark
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »
The fuel pump comes on, the motor cranks, but no spark. What is the most common reason, or in other words where should I start first as far as diagnostics? ALSO..every GREAT  once in a while I'll get an intermittent spark, but it doesn't seem to be to all 4 cylinders so the bike won't start. It just teases me... :lol:
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: No Spark
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
Come on guys this has been here for two days and no answers, I'm far from the best at this but I'l  give it a shot, first you will need a good shop manual with wireing diagrams, then you say it does have a intermintant spark every now and then, how exactly are you checking that? it don't seem likely that all four coil sticks could be bad, so lets ck, the harness connections to the coils on one wire you should have a constant voltage with the key on, don't know exactly what it should be, ck manual, then the other wire is a intermitant ground that fires the coil when ECU tells it to, so hook to the ground of one of one coil plug, you should really ck them all, then crank over the engine while checking for ground it should spike a signal each time that coil is supposed to fire. I would think that you don't have one or the other, power or signaled ground at the coils, then you need to ck the easy stuff like the kickstand switch, and tip over switch, clutch switch, and ign cut switch on the handlebar, but most of them will keep the bike from cranking over as they also interrupt the starter circuit, then you have the cam sensor, not exactly sure how to ck if bad or if this will prevent spark from happening or just make it go nuts the map sensor will make it run like shit, but should not prevent spark, I guess next you may want to using the manual trace the ECU grounds to be sure none are broken, unfortunately most of don't have spare parts to try, just ck out one thing at a time, it could also have a bad ECU, but dont know till all the other stuff that feeds it is checked first, this is a tough deal, diagnosing this online, I'm sure I forgot something, but maybe some of the more experienced members will post up, fortunately as electronic systems go, the Busa's is pretty simple......good luck and let us know....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:06:16 AM by Rocketgeezer »
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 07:06:04 PM »
Any codes? Did this all of the sudden happen? When was the last time it fired up? What did you do that now this happens? Any changes to the bike..etc
Tip over switch , wiggle the harness around while you crank it..
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:07:56 PM by knecum »

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:27:05 AM »
Your on your own

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 07:02:22 AM »
Any progress ???
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies. This is the first chance that I've had to get back on here. I'm going through a rough stretch at the moment...obligations, responsibilities, bad luck, etc. Seems like murphy has been sitting on my shoulder for a while. Anyhow I haven't had any time to even think about touching the bike. That's why I posted this...to hopefully speed up the process when I do get the time. I know that I'll figure it out, I was just hoping that someone has had the same problem.
BTW...I already had shook the shit out of the bike in case it was the tip over switch, and it is NOT throwing any codes.
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 10:33:35 AM »
Crank sensor or crank sensor wire pinched?
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 03:21:06 PM »
Check the ground / negative connection to your battery. ECU . Interlocks wouldn't allow it to turn over. So if I understood you correctly the starter motor is operating you just don't have fire.

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »
Check the ground / negative connection to your battery. ECU . Interlocks wouldn't allow it to turn over. So if I understood you correctly the starter motor is operating you just don't have fire.

That is correct. I'm going to get a little bit of time right now to work on it. It's not the ecu or cam sensor. I determined that yesterday.
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline mcbang

• New User!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
There was NO spark on my busa, everything else was ok. The problem was some broken wires in the connector harness you plug in to the ecu. Can`t remember the colour code on the wire. Google "picture wire harness hayabusa" then you get the colour codes ond connector pin on the wires from the coils to the ecu.

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »

That is correct. I'm going to get a little bit of time right now to work on it. It's not the ecu or cam sensor. I determined that yesterday.

I forgot to mention that there is power to all of the coils. I will be checking crank sensor and all connections tonight.
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
Temp sensor plugged in?

Offline Kpt

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »
Check that stator wired the the cover off and look if everything is all good.
02 turbo hayabusa
04 turbo hayabusa

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »
Bad connection from signal generator... It's running. I initially checked this by unplugging and plugging back in, but because of poor lighting and my eyesight I didn't notice anything wrong. I officially qualify for HOS's old farts club as I am older than he is...  :lol:
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000