Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gauge Swap - late GSXR to Gen 2 Busa  (Read 4122 times)

Offline kayaker43

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Gauge Swap - late GSXR to Gen 2 Busa
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:54:40 AM »
This is for use in a dune buggy with a small dash that won't fit the 2012 Busa gauges. Can anyone confirm that the 07 and later GSXR gauges will work with the Busa ecu? They are a much more compact cluster.

Also, are the 07-08 gsxr gauges different than the 09 up gauges other than styling? Anyone need some gen 2 gauges with 1300 miles?

Offline kayaker43

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Re: Gauge Swap - late GSXR to Gen 2 Busa
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 04:29:34 PM »
Someone must know the answer??

I keep reading that the 07 up gsxr1000 uses the same ecu as the gen2 busa. A few forum posts say the gauges should plug and play but mine don't.

The hayabusa gauges work fine so I know my wiring is good. I bought an 07/08 GSXR gauge but only the high beam indicator lights. I learned how to bench test the gauges by supplying 12v to two pins plus ground to make it power up,.. this works on my Busa gauge but not the GSXR

I thought I had a bad gauge so I bought another one but it does exactly the same. Now I have two 08 GSXR gauges the sellers swear worked perfectly but I can't even get them to power up on the bench. Looking at schematics, the plug type, wire colors and order all match between late gsxr and busa.

This is driving me crazy!!