Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1441 street/strip exhaust  (Read 10985 times)

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
  • Where am I? Don't worry bout it
1441 street/strip exhaust
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »
Looking at getting a new exhaust for my Gen1 1441 busa. A sidewinder is not an option. What is the best street/strip
 pipe out there now? HMF Big Bird Akropovic Alienhead/Streetmeg 2 Ti Force Sumo?

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
Re: 1441 street/strip exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
Their all pretty good. Sound, looks and fit/finish is all up to you man.

I run a Orient Express Sumo system (Ti-Force) and like it for the fit/finish and sound. Akrapovic always makes a pretty nice system with great fit/finish and good sound.

Performance wise they are all around 4-5hp of each other.....

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
I'd probably go with the Short Meg 2. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 05calibusa

• Rider
    • BusaBob's Racing
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 07:27:25 AM »
Brock's Short Meg.  If it's too loud for your neighbors, you can put in the insert that they sell separately.  For the strip, you can remove the guts entirely, or leave the baffle in.  If you get the insert plug, it's like 3 exhausts in 1.
Mojave Mile 2014 - 205.6 mph
Mojave Magnum 2015 - 207.1 mph
BusaBob's Racing
https://sites.google.com/site/busabobsracing/home

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »
 :tu:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
Brock's Short Meg.  If it's too loud for your neighbors, you can put in the insert that they sell separately.  For the strip, you can remove the guts entirely, or leave the baffle in.  If you get the insert plug, it's like 3 exhausts in 1.
Their all pretty good. Sound, looks and fit/finish is all up to you man.

Performance wise they are all around 4-5hp of each other.....
So the shortmeg 2 is a better all around exhaust canister than the alienhead? Does removing the baffle give more hp and is it louder than the alienhead? I generally creep in anyway when I ride my neighbors are ok with the busa generally get the thumbs up from them.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »
As far as I know,the Alien Head and Short Meg are the same exhaust(and produce the same power)with the shape of the megaphone being the only difference(and baffle is fixed in the Alien Head,but removable in the Short Meg by removing one set screw).Pretty sure the "2" system may have slightly larger diameter pipe and may be more beneficial to a 1441(or larger)but would check with Brock to be sure,he also states that the "2" system has a deeper sound.Pretty sure that no baffle would produce a bit more power at high rpms(don't know many people running a baffled exhaust on a 1/4 mile or LSR track)but there again you'd have to ask someone who knows for sure.Don't worry about noise bothering your neighbors,at lower rpms it's not loud at all(have had mine on for 2 1/2 years and none of my neighbors have complained,not that I'd really give a shit anyway if they did :lol:).Without the baffle it's pretty obnoxious...about on par with most H-Ds.

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 07:21:46 PM »
E-Racer had an used TiForce Gen I Sumo for sale a while back. Good choice right there.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
As far as I know,the Alien Head and Short Meg are the same exhaust(and produce the same power)with the shape of the megaphone being the only difference(and baffle is fixed in the Alien Head,but removable in the Short Meg by removing one set screw).Pretty sure the "2" system may have slightly larger diameter pipe and may be more beneficial to a 1441(or larger)but would check with Brock to be sure,he also states that the "2" system has a deeper sound.Pretty sure that no baffle would produce a bit more power at high rpms(don't know many people running a baffled exhaust on a 1/4 mile or LSR track)but there again you'd have to ask someone who knows for sure.Don't worry about noise bothering your neighbors,at lower rpms it's not loud at all(have had mine on for 2 1/2 years and none of my neighbors have complained,not that I'd really give a shit anyway if they did :lol:).Without the baffle it's pretty obnoxious...about on par with most H-Ds.
Brock told me it is around 6-8 hp increase with a good head and cam combo over the standard system.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
Brock told me it is around 6-8 hp increase with a good head and cam combo over the standard system.

There you go,be hard to beat that. :thumb:

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
I agree ^^^^^ 

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
E-Racer had an used TiForce Gen I Sumo for sale a while back. Good choice right there.
Get the Sumo!!!!! My Carpenter 1397 made 224Hp with that pipe on her now ,  up from 219 with a Brocks 

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 08:19:44 AM »
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 08:24:43 AM »
1441 CC, Carpenter head, Web cams, stock gears, stock clutch, +5 over, 260 pounds!!.
FOOT SHIFTING!!

8.98 at 157mph.............. :hys:

Here's a couple of 9.0 passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6H1Db42PE4&list=UUqxyCnbDjskXcjFSxLuUUiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa61LhI0Ih8&list=UUqxyCnbDjskXcjFSxLuUUiQ
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 04:30:12 AM »
I did a test,  alien head, baffle and no baffle.  Nothing was gained,  same hp within a .5

Offline coffeecoco

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
Get the Sumo!!!!! My Carpenter 1397 made 224Hp with that pipe on her now ,  up from 219 with a Brocks

get a HMF big bird my 1397 made 241 hp