Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: dry block???  (Read 3917 times)

Offline twistgrip

• Rider
dry block???
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:17:35 AM »
hey fellas....1441 all motor Gen2 with slider (towed everywhere) thinking of pulling cooling system,any negatives ?

Offline Ozonkiller

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: dry block???
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
What fuel?  Are you planning on filling the block?

What are your reasons?

The car guys I know are running Alky of some sort...

Tom

Offline gixxre750

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »
No need to fill with anything.

Offline twistgrip

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 01:49:14 AM »
Weight ! VP MS109...nah don't plan on filling anything

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
Go ahead and do it

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »
I don't know if it will help you, but when I first started racing years ago, the cooling system was always downsized for weight savings, that was with race gas, the when we started using alcohol, we basicly used the same cooling system, now this is for bracket car/bike setup, for every last bit of weight savings, and if your going to run alcohol leave the system off, but keep in mind cooling, even if the bike is towed around can se a issue, especially if you have to round robin,  or make several runs in a relatively short amount of time, do not even attempt this if you still run gas, you would just asking for trouble, mainly from detonation, my last setup before I sold out I was running a aluminum block and heads, 10-71 blower, with block and heads completely dry, but it was towed around,  like I said this is the way I did my race car, but a race only bike should react the same, if yours is NA, just a all motor race bike, you may get away with no system or not much of one, but alcohol, or even E-85 is essential, I don't see that a bike motor going to be much differant
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline twistgrip

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
thanks fella's  :tu: