Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: VooDoo hoodoo??  (Read 19515 times)

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: VooDoo hoodoo??
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »
Most people will say, albeit begrudgingly, that it was the crotchety old school teachers who taught them the most. Now THAT sir, was an answer to my question! What the dozen or so guys before you, Cheese included, left out was some tiny morsel of knowledge-prior experience-reason why the pipes suck. Thankfully you have seen fit to offer a big mouthful of the stuff. Say I'm from the show-me state, doubting Thomas, what-ever. I'm not much for going by blind faith. I wonder how many of those dozen guys have had an actual experience with those pipes, as you have, and how many were just repeating what they've heard. You have most thoroughly answered my fairly simple question and I thank you for it. It seems a shame I had to piss off a dozen guys before I could get a REAL answer.
I don't know weather your phishing or not don't really care, but anybody with even minimal understanding of how shit works would realize whats going on, when 20 guys tell you a certain exhaust sucks, but really don't know why, and just for argument say only 10 of them actually used the system, and they say it makes less HP and TQ than stock, since on a tuned bike a open pipe generally makes the best power then going the other direction a pipe for whatever reason don't flow enough air is going to make the least power......although I don't know than man personally,  J Cheeses reputation with tuning bikes is in maybe the top 3 in the country, and if he was closer he would have tuned my bike already, I would guess if he don't give someone a technical answer its probably cause he didn't feel like it, and for the record it was not in particular a (Voodoo) system I had it was a (M4) but I'm sure the result would have been the same, also for the record, no matter what pipe I would have used, I was pissed at myself for a long time cause the money and time I spent on all the (conventional) hop up stuff was money waisted, as I found out AT, (after turbo)
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »
Jesus, only a school teacher would explain shit like that, I think I'l go kick my own ass
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
Jesus, only a school teacher would explain shit like that, I think I'l go kick my own ass
Don't get sucked into the vortex my friend.....
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Bearusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
Rocketgeezer-You're the only one of those guys who bothered to give any kind of real answer-and again, thanks. And I'm not about to insult J Cheese's knowledge or reputation. If he didn't feel like giving a technical answer, then why bother to answer at all? Like I said, it wouldn't take any more effort to answer my question as to blow it off. I suppose I got the wrong idea about the group. I thought it was a chance to SHARE knowledge.
Unlike uranium & plutonium, coffee & speed never reach their critical mass. You can never drink coffee that's too strong... or go too fast

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »
Don't get sucked into the vortex my friend.....

:lol: :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
I do know they(the tips)sound like shit,a friend bought a Busa with the HooDoo tips and sounded so bad I didn't want to ride near him for fear someone might think that racket was coming from mine(seriously). :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Bearusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 07:02:41 PM »
Yeah, and I like loud, but not deafening. I presently have Hot Bodies megaphone slip-ons to the stock exhaust that are pleasant to my ears. I know they don't boost the power any...sound cool though.
Unlike uranium & plutonium, coffee & speed never reach their critical mass. You can never drink coffee that's too strong... or go too fast

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 03:57:54 PM »
Yeah, and I like loud, but not deafening. I presently have Hot Bodies megaphone slip-ons to the stock exhaust that are pleasant to my ears. I know they don't boost the power any...sound cool though.
:hys: Of course you do :tu:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »
It mainly has to do with flow and pulse separation. You need a certain exhaust length and primary tube size to make power with the combination you have. EVERY combination is different. vodoo fits into NO combination.

Happy now?
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Bearusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
Happy

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »
Glad your Happy !   If you are the Block Boggie around the hood kinda guy than that kinda pipe is for you  :D Exhaust tips of any kind make less HP and more noise due in part to loss of back pressure and a whole list of other things .

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 09:08:21 PM »
First of all I do not believe a four into I system. Then what ever system you run you have to have a happy motor. What I mean by that is a good tune. So what you should do is talk to a guy like the Cheese and get a Happy Motor. Then if you really want a good running and happy motor you should think about a 18/40 combo like I run. All this BS about pipes is BS Its in The Tune, The Motor. Then the GR. Oh I have a brand new 43 sprocket if you want to stay in the back, From there the view always looks the same.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »
First of all I do not believe a four into I system. Then what ever system you run you have to have a happy motor. What I mean by that is a good tune. So what you should do is talk to a guy like the Cheese and get a Happy Motor. Then if you really want a good running and happy motor you should think about a 18/40 combo like I run. All this BS about pipes is BS Its in The Tune, The Motor. Then the GR. Oh I have a brand new 43 sprocket if you want to stay in the back, From there the view always looks the same.
WTF are you talking about, I know some OK dudes from Cali, so I cant blame the state, but if you went to any sort college or trade school, you might want to go get your money back

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »
 :hys:

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 09:41:54 PM »
 :hys:

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 10:04:57 PM »
WTF are you talking about, I know some OK dudes from Cali, so I cant blame the state, but if you went to any sort college or trade school, you might want to go get your money back

So I can buy a Harley.