Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: MPS shifter with ECU Editor kill ........???  (Read 8637 times)

Offline Deiv

• Rider
MPS shifter with ECU Editor kill ........???
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:18:07 AM »
Hy all

At the moment my Gen2 turbo Busa shifter solution is done with PowerCommander shifter switch in between the shift rod and Gen2 ECU is doing the ignition/injector kill  .(Adjusted with ECUEditor.)
    If I add MPS airshifter kit (without the MPS kill box )  will this combo work out OK ???
Will this simulate the movement I am currently doing with my leg if I want to shift up ???
 Or will it destroy my tranny ???   :?

Any experiences/comments  please  :P

Best   Deiv   8)

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: MPS shifter with ECU Editor kill ........???
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
will work fine
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Deiv

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
Thank You sir. :tu: :bike:

Offline Deiv

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:16:23 AM »
I think I need somekind of air pressure regulator in between airtank and solenoid  :? 130 psi in the airtank is defenetly to much pressure to let straight to the shiftcylinder  :shock: It will breake my shift forks or shift lever  :eek:
  What would be correct regulated pressure to be entering the solenoid ??? And where to get one  ???

Deiv   8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:26:31 AM by Deiv »

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »
we run 150lbs.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
120psi on our bikes with onboard air 150 with co2 bikes
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 07:12:49 PM »
What kind of lines are y'all putting 150psi through ? All the high pressure plastic hose I use blows before 150 . Especially at the compressor .
Now , Knecum powered . Fire in tha hole !

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
1/4 inch plastic with quality push lock works for us... CO2 regulated at 140 ish.  Never had an issue, I think that line is rated at 250+.  It is used in a lot of industrial applications.
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:20:40 AM »
What kind of lines are y'all putting 150psi through ? All the high pressure plastic hose I use blows before 150 . Especially at the compressor .

I have run as high as 160psi with CO2. If your hard lines are blowing at the compressor, then check to make sure your guage is working properly.  If you have your guage on your dash, then it will read lower than it is closer to the compressor.  Put a guage on the airtank and on the dash and you will see the difference.  Sometimes the difference is as much as 20psi.  If your dash guage was reading 140psi, it could actually be 160-170psi.

Offline C_Henry

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »

Thanks !

I have run as high as 160psi with CO2. If your hard lines are blowing at the compressor, then check to make sure your guage is working properly.  If you have your guage on your dash, then it will read lower than it is closer to the compressor.  Put a guage on the airtank and on the dash and you will see the difference.  Sometimes the difference is as much as 20psi.  If your dash guage was reading 140psi, it could actually be 160-170psi.
Now , Knecum powered . Fire in tha hole !

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 09:35:10 AM »
Use tubing like this
http://www.camozzi-usa.com/sites/default/files/product_branch/usaproduct/en-us-nylon-11-tubing/nylon-11-tubing.pdf

If your tubing is coming out of the push lock, get a better quality fitting
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline 05calibusa

• Rider
    • BusaBob's Racing
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 03:13:11 PM »
I think I need somekind of air pressure regulator in between airtank and solenoid  :? 130 psi in the airtank is defenetly to much pressure to let straight to the shiftcylinder  :shock: It will breake my shift forks or shift lever  :eek:
  What would be correct regulated pressure to be entering the solenoid ??? And where to get one  ???

Deiv   8)

I am struggling with a similar question, the only difference is that I pieced my system together and I purchased a Bimba 092-D air cylinder (not sure if it's exactly the same as the one MPS offers).  What I found is that the amount of force on the output of the cylinder rod is dependent on air pressure x piston area.  So in my case, let's say that air pressure is 125 psi and for a 1-1/6" bore cylinder Bimba gives a power factor of 0.9, then 125 x 0.9 = 112.5 lbs force.  Then the question becomes; what kind of force is the shift lever rated for? 

Without hijacking the thread or offending anyone, I would like to know what the bore size is on the MPS air cylinder.  In my case, the force on the cylinder rod is a little less than the line pressure.  If the cylinder gets smaller, the force is less...larger, the force gets greater.  I was planning to run a regulator between tank and solenoid for test purposes.  Last thing I want to do is break my shift lever when I'm trying to bust 200mph.

For you guys running 160psi; if the power factor is 0.9, your force is approx 144 lbs.

Here are some more calculations:
http://www.pneumaticsonline.com/Calc2.asp

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:17:24 PM by 05calibusa »
Mojave Mile 2014 - 205.6 mph
Mojave Magnum 2015 - 207.1 mph
BusaBob's Racing
https://sites.google.com/site/busabobsracing/home