Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: good battery, busa sputters, doesnt start, gift for you?  (Read 17040 times)

Offline kevinbais

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: good battery, busa sputters, doesnt start, gift for you?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
how much is a new one? tough job?

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
No it's not.  Not a cure all but for a light to medium 'clogging' due to old or bad gas, it can do wonders for dirty injectors and fuel lines.  Certainly the cheapest way to see if that's a fix or not.
until u have injectors tested before and after using seafoam then u really dont know if it works or not, has any one ever had there injectors tested before and after??

Not that this is the OP's problem but the 'test' before is the poor running of the engine, missing, uneven idle etc.  The 'test' after Seafoam is the (absence) of what the first test indicated...sheesh!  Now, if there's something wrong with the 'E' in the EFI then Seafoam obviously won't help.  My point once again is, Seafoam is about the cheapest way to eliminate dirty or gummed up fuel lines or injectors, short of having them removed and professionally cleaned or rebuilt.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
i would put a permanent fuel pressure gage on it, like the ones on turbo bikes, this way if u ever have any running problems u will know right away if its fuel related, did u check for codes??
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline kevinbais

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »
ah good call. no I haven't done that stuff yet. not entirely sure how to. Ryan my hommie will help with that. Ill suggest this stuff tho.
U guys are great. I miss my Busa.

Offline Assassin8

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »
Take it to the shop man !! ;)

The problem is that everyone is just guessing, it could be a number of things...
Fuel pumps are over $800 for a new one, it could be just filters blocked, or it could be stator that needs replacing if it is not charging.... Guessing is no good, you need to take it to someone that knows what they're doing... That's my advice....
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:55:17 PM by Assassin8 »

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 05:41:13 PM »
Take it to the shop man !! ;)

The problem is that everyone is just guessing, it could be a number of things...
Fuel pumps are over $800 for a new one, it could be just filters blocked, or it could be stator that needs replacing if it is not charging.... Guessing is no good, you need to take it to someone that knows what they're doing... That's my advice....
fuel pump from the dealer for my 99 was $200.00   not $800.00
most things on these bikes are very easy to check and test urself with a readilly available manual witch im sure can be found very easily online, shit if i took my bike to the dealer every time i had a problem i would,nt have a house to live in the dealer would own it, get a manual and learn ur bike

it burn,s when i pee

Offline Assassin8

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 08:20:47 PM »
most things on these bikes are very easy to check and test urself with a readilly available manual witch im sure can be found very easily online, shit if i took my bike to the dealer every time i had a problem i would,nt have a house to live in the dealer would own it, get a manual and learn ur bike

$200 is very cheap, maybe is was just the pump they replaced and not the whole assembly... Just the primary filter is $77, the hp filter is nearly 400, and the pump, who knows, but I'm also talking Gen2, prices on Gen1 may differ slightly... It also may have been a cheap Chinese one they installed, you can buy them on fleabay for $35... Just saying.....

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 11:30:07 PM »
TT wouldn't have purchased crappy replacement parts.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »

$200 is very cheap, maybe is was just the pump they replaced and not the whole assembly... Just the primary filter is $77, the hp filter is nearly 400, and the pump, who knows, but I'm also talking Gen2, prices on Gen1 may differ slightly... It also may have been a cheap Chinese one they installed, you can buy them on fleabay for $35... Just saying.....
it,s not they replaced, its I replaced! and i bought the pump from the dealer that I replaced, absolutely no one works on my bike but me, and there is no need to replace the whole assembly when the filter screens can be cleaned

it burn,s when i pee

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
TT wouldn't have purchased crappy replacement parts.
:thumb: :thumb:

it burn,s when i pee

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master

it burn,s when i pee

Offline gunjamike

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »
YOU SAID BIKE RAN WELL FOR ONE WEEK, SOUNDS LIKE THE BATTERY IS'NT CHARGING. WHEN BATTERY GETS LOW BIKE WILL NOT RUN GOOD. CHECK REGULATOR IT MIGHT BE THE CULPRIT.