Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: adding weight  (Read 3120 times)

Offline tooslow

• Post Whore
adding weight
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Anybody see anything wrong with adding about 4 lbs to the bottom of my forks  each .my bike pretty much stock.except 4 turbo etc.
tooslow

Offline tooslow

• Post Whore
Re: adding weight
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
I guess more info would be good .I have trouble making the weight class rules in a heads up class..I'd have to run with full tank if gas and barely make it.now I'm going with a new battery that's 5 to 7 lbs lighter.so I figured I would add weight to bottom of forks??
tooslow

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
If it's just more weight you want and not some anti wheelie assist, I'd place the weight as low and center as possible like where the OEM under fairing goes just inside of the side stand area.  Don't know if added weight to the fork bottoms would affect the steering in a negative way or not.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline tooslow

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 11:00:02 PM »
Thanks.it I's a anti wheely help too .but mostly weight .but bike does come up in 3rd thu 5th some time
tooslow

Offline dnhabusa

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 04:12:42 AM »
Does the class allow ballast in that spot? Some classes do not, like Pro Street for example.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:09:52 AM »
Check into a solid axle, maybe can have a specialty shop make one, or fill stock axle with weight of some sort, lead, steel, brass, ?
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline tooslow

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Yep .thanks I already filled the axle with lead .I made up lead ballast to hang off end of forks using the pinch bolts .looks like they are 3.5lbs a piece .
tooslow