Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hayabusa 4 wheeler banshee help please  (Read 6053 times)

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Hayabusa 4 wheeler banshee help please
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Hello I have a banshee with a hayabusa engine and it is having major issues. Engine is 2002 california spec. Bogs a little off idle but clears up.  Sometimes it runs good in first sometimes not even then.  Seems to Rev limit at 5k rpm anything other than neutral and 1st and sometimes even in first. Had shop check compression timing clean injectors and check vacuum. Bought it with melted starter had to replace that right off bat. No big shops will mess with it around my area because it's custom? Lol. Vacuum routing seems screwy but don't understand why runs almost perfect in neutral and sometimes 1st but definitely no other gear and most time not 1st either. Just neutral.

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: Hayabusa 4 wheeler banshee help please
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »
Also is almost impossible to start and keep running until it's earm

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
Warm

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:28:55 PM »
How butchered up is the harness?

If it somehow melted the starter (I'm not even sure what that means), it almost definitely has other wiring issues.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »
Harness is stock uncut.  Starter was melted because was out of gas guy didn't know put battery cables on running car and cranked until fried

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 08:33:50 PM »
Problem is after guy did that hasn't ran right since. Maybe someone can help me with vacuum routing? Text me 806 202 1878 and I'll send pictures and we can communicate faster

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
I would start with the fuel system checking pressure and flow , what pump and filter are you using ?
Official Site Donor

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
I am not sure what pump and filter it is and in tank pump and no filter that I can see unless it's in tank.  Shop plugged fuel into their deal and turned switch on and it showed about 50 psi but didn't do it with it running or anything

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
I am betting it's the stock hayabusa in tank pump. But it mostly just runs like shit under a load. I'm going to put a jack under it and see if it boggs in gears with wheels off ground

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 07:54:13 PM »
I'd check the fuel filter in the tank, also look to make sure all the o-rings are on the fuel pump. You stated that the injectors were cleaned. Were they pulled and sent to a injector shop?
Just because you have pressure doesn't mean you have volume.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
Just got through riding and spaying ether into throttles bodies and woke up for couple seconds after spraying so must be fuel problem. Shop must be retarded.  Unfortunately I hit a dip and destroyed oil pan so I'll have to try and find a cheap used one and in meantime I'll pull pump see if screen dirty. 

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 01:02:59 AM »
The fuel filter and pump are an assembly, and trouble prone when aged

in your situation your probably better off with a fuel cell type of tank with external pump , filter and regulator
Official Site Donor

Offline coreyrex1

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »
Pulled the fuel pump, screen was pretty dirty. I took fuel line off before so I could turn key on and off to drain gas into can. I dunno what 43psi is suppose to look like pumping out of fuel line but it looked more like a steady drizzle than flowing.  If I was to hold it in air and aim it probably wouldn't go more than few inches. I would think u could shoot foot or more? After I cleaned screen still same. I don't know if something opens up when fuel pump kicks on but was very hard to blow through pump.

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 10:55:25 PM »
that plastic piece surrounding the pump is the filter , and the regulator is also mounted in the plastic, but on the other side of the filter
as the filter blocks the pump has to work harder to maintain regulator pressure , so usually by the time you recognise fuel supply is limited the pump is worn out and crap in the filter realy packed in tight , and you have to buy a real expensive assembly

Official Site Donor