Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Ninja H2 street bike.  (Read 12816 times)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Ninja H2 street bike.
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:40:22 AM »
Have you seen it ?

http://ninja-h2.com/h2.html

238 kg kerbwieght is a bit of a tubster?

No power output figures yet?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:47:10 AM by HOS »
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline turbopete

• Post Whore
Re: Ninja H2 steet bike.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 05:32:39 AM »
Power rated at 197  :td:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:40:20 AM »
Power rated at 197  :td:

Measured at the crank I assume?

The promo site says apart from a couple of minor engine parts its capable of the full 300bhp of the race bike.
As we all probably imagined the engine would be designed with very wide safety margins.
When you see the worlds largest and most ugly exhaust on the H2, its like an open invitation to convert it to the full power output?

Havent I seen that exhaust on a Honda Rune?  :lol:

Offline turbopete

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 05:47:41 AM »
What happened to liter bike weight? 525lbs sheesh :bah:

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »
Interesting that we dont need squish anymore ,

and patent pending on the plenum mounted injectors ???? or is it the screens 
Official Site Donor

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
Re: Ninja H2 street bike.
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »
that seems way off.  35psi boost to hit 300hp on h2r and 20psi boost to hit 200hp on the h2.  seems it should hit 300hp at 15psi boost and 200hp at 5 psi boost. 

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:59 AM »
The rumour mill here says the UK H2 will be sold at £25,000 !!!
Direct exchange rate comparrison with the US bike @ $25,000 is a shade under £16,000 therefore doable.
But not at £25,000 ffs If Kawasaki price it that high in the UK they are going to open up a big can of fail and disrespect.
The European competition at that price level makes the H2 look like a heavy dog.

Great concept of a bike, but if they get the pricing wrong over here, its going to lose Kawasaki more than sales.
A pre-owned, recent, cheap Busa plus a blower in the UK can be built for £15,000 and give loads more power with less weight than the H2.
If you want a  blower, I would look elsewhere than Kawa.
The UK has always paid way over the odds for new bikes and cars compared to the EU and the US, its time the manufactuers showed some
equality on bike prices even with the exchange rate.

The rumour mill says they will only bring 25 bikes H2 and H2R in total into the UK. They will struggle to sell that small number if they price them high.
It's well known as being "Rip off Britain". You could argue that Kawa should be offering it at less than the ZX10?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:21:22 AM by HOS »

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 03:43:32 AM »

If Kawasaki pitch in the H2 at around £25k ?
Here's some of the competition in 2015.

Ducati PanigaleR:
165 kg dry weight and near 200bhp.
http://www.ducatiuk.com/bikes/superbike/1199_panigale_r/tech_spec.do

BMW1000RR
177 kg and near 200bhp
http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/uk/en/index.html

Yamaha R1:
199 kg kerb weight and 197bhp
http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Rossi-unveils-2015-Yamaha-YZF-R1-Superbike&newsid=13416

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 08:09:11 AM »
Since there is so much hype behind this bike and its going to be produced in "limited" numbers,I wonder how much shady dealers will mark up the $25k MSRP?
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 11:34:35 PM »
Sad. It could have been king of the hill.  Then they neutered the king. At least the 300 hp potential is there. I'm sure a cam swap an ecu hack will wake it right up.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »
I'm loving that R1!! Not sold on the "look" of it but from a performance stand point and electronics package it's right up there with the HP4  :tu:

I would choose this 10x's outta 10 over that Cow H2

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
I'm loving that R1!! Not sold on the "look" of it but from a performance stand point and electronics package it's right up there with the HP4  :tu:

I would choose this 10x's outta 10 over that Cow H2

+ 10

The 2015 HP4 is even better. BMW do not rest.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Guys as much as I love Suzuki motorcycles, and I am waiting on a new hayabusa, but those zx14 tuned looks good, There is a video that came out about two days ago of the H2R race bike on a dyno showing a guy going threw the gears ay a speed shop in
the USA or over seas, the H2R  goes threw the gears so quick its unreal! I remember when the 99 busa was coming and I thought that's a ugly design, no double head light, then I rode one and Beam me up Scotty ! 12 years  until a few months ago when I sold my 2002 1397cc busa, which I miss very much, but needed another toy finished, I want a new bike, a new 3rd gen busa or a zx14R will do me. But that dyno of the H2R does not need a rear seat once you see it run, the guy was blipping the throttle like a two stroke 250 once the short burst of lag on the bottom got out of the way it responded like a two stroke just nasty ! Do a search H2R dyno, and again this is a private owned shop ! youtube 54 sec vid!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:37:35 AM by Revalot # 1 »
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline sa9023

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Ninja H2 street bike.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 11:15:42 AM »

Guys as much as I love Suzuki motorcycles, and I am waiting on a new hayabusa, but those zx14 tuned looks good, There is a video that came out about two days ago of the H2R race bike on a dyno showing a guy going threw the gears ay a speed shop in
the USA or over seas, the H2R  goes threw the gears so quick its unreal! I remember when the 99 busa was coming and I thought that's a ugly design, no double head light, then I rode one and Beam me up Scotty ! 12 years  until a few months ago when I sold my 2002 1397cc busa, which I miss very much, but needed another toy finished, I want a new bike, a new 3rd gen busa or a zx14R will do me. But that dyno of the H2R does not need a rear seat once you see it run, the guy was blipping the throttle like a two stroke 250 once the short burst of lag on the bottom got out of the way it responded like a two stroke just nasty ! Do a search H2R dyno, and again this is a private owned shop ! youtube 54 sec vid!

Pay attention to the exhaust in that video. I've never seen one glow red that quick. Seems like the intake temps are through the roof.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 06:57:16 PM »
Lean air/fuel ratio!
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

i'm thinking it will be to do with the no intercooler and fairly retarded timing to control detonation
and why it has such a lot of airflow around the motor for the radiant exhaust heat 
Official Site Donor

Offline MICHAEL MATHEWS

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 08:25:37 PM »
I can buy a nice Pro Street bike for $25000.

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
That's very true! Will it turn, take a nice long sweeping curve, or be streetable, and have a warrantie? Alright I couldn't give a hoot about the last one. I don't want a shop to touch any bike I have. Give us a turbo busa from Japan. I would be inline.
ZX14R

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »
What about the sparks out the exhaust at the end! :shock:  That usually means melted parts. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHgC76WyfY
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 09:02:30 PM »

For those of you who own your own garage, a LOT of tools and know how, and wrench your own...
My hat is off to you and I agree.

For those like myself...
I had a turbo bike and sold it.  Too many problems and issues, NOT a "daily driver" by any stretch.  Now that someone (THANK YOU KAWASAKI!) has FINALLY made a forced induction, street legal, and warrantied (so it will actually be dependable every day in all normal conditions) sport bike,  I will be in line to get one.   

That said, I think they are starting the H2 "low" on power to up sell it later on with more power. 

Once the reviews are out, and it is being ridden on the street, I hope the little supercharger makes its way onto something more like 1441ccs.    When it does, I will get one.   

Not a slam on the turbo guys here, but many will agree they are as much a dependable daily driver as a blown Chevy Nova drag car is a daily driver....
If this H2 is as dependable as my Hayabusa (non-turbo) has been, I am sold!

Come on Suzuki, fight back!   (the Ninja still doesn't look as good!)
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)

Offline sa9023

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Ninja H2 street bike.
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »

For those of you who own your own garage, a LOT of tools and know how, and wrench your own...

For those like myself...
I had a turbo bike and sold it.  Too many problems and issues, NOT a "daily driver" by any stretch.  Now that someone (THANK YOU KAWASAKI!) has FINALLY made a forced induction, street legal, and warrantied (so it will actually be dependable every day in all normal conditions) sport bike,  I will be in line to get one.   

That said, I think they are starting the H2 "low" on power to up sell it later on with more power. 

Once the reviews are out, and it is being ridden on the street, I hope the little supercharger makes its way onto something more like 1441ccs.    When it does, I will get one.   

Not a slam on the turbo guys here, but many will agree they are as much a dependable daily driver as a blown Chevy Nova drag car is a daily driver....

My turbo bike has been just as or maybe even a little more reliable then when it was stock. 14,000 miles so far with the turbo and all I have to do is change the oil. Any bike will have issues if it isn't built correctly. Anybody knowledgeable on here will agree.

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
Yeah I know a lot of guys who have had turbo busas 4 years with little 2 no issues. When you buy a quality turbo kit like an RCC and have it installed/tuned by a professional who know wtf he's doing there shouldn't be an issue.

Where your issues lie is when people go cheap and buy crappy turbo kits or try 2 piece 2 gether their own from ebay & used parts to save a few bucks. Then they crank up the boost and try 2 squeeze out more HP all the while on stock engine internals  :td:

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
Yeah I know a lot of guys who have had turbo busas 4 years with little 2 no issues. When you buy a quality turbo kit like an RCC and have it installed/tuned by a professional who know wtf he's doing there shouldn't be an issue.

Where your issues lie is when people go cheap and buy crappy turbo kits or try 2 piece 2 gether their own from ebay & used parts to save a few bucks. Then they crank up the boost and try 2 squeeze out more HP all the while on stock engine internals  :td:

Umm..  My bike was built by Rick at RCC.   No one on here would accuse him of building crappy bikes. 
That said, it was meticulously maintained and still had overheating and chain coming off issues. 
And I talked with (and raced) along side others with turbo bikes.  They had similar breakage issues (clutches, overheating, chains, etc).  It is not just me. 

Saying a highly modified bike is the way to keep it as dependable as possible doesn't fly.  Again, I would bet those of you with bikes as dependable as stock wrench your own bikes.   
No slams here, but a factory supercharged bike, vs a highly modified stocker, over the course of tens of thousands of miles and many years...    My money is on the factory bike for reliability and ease of use.    My opinion only. 

I am very glad your bikes are running well, and I hope they continue to do so!
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 10:05:22 PM »
This was the "crappy" bike:

This bike had a feature article in the September 2011 Super Street Bike magazine "Snail's Pace" and was declared custom motorcycle of the year for 2011 in the January 2012 magazine. 

It is both show and go with custom looks and tons of power. 

vin#JS1GX72A182105388
MILES:9,100
PRICE: $20,000

TURBO
----------------------------------------
08 busa rcc turbos/ rcc turbos usa(us ricks custom cycle) custom sidemount ultra turbo
makes 460 hp @ 25psi. boost 384hp on pump gas

boost controller  AMS-1000

motor specs
---------------------------
crower billet rods
wossner turbo pistons
stainless steel valves
carpenter springs
billet shift shafts
mtc 2 stg clutch
rcc turbos billit clutch cover
koenig billet oil pan

chassis specs
-----------------------------
completely powder coated blue rasburry candy
outlaw fab chromolly +13 swing arm with ice box for ultra plenum
internally shortened forks for 2" of travel
galfer billet wave rotors
performance machine billit wheels 6" REAR 3.5" FRONT 17" DIA. (revolutions)
polished forks,calipers,reservoir
chrome switch housings (roaring toyz)
custom built full length subframe
air shifter through ecu also
michelin pilot power 1 REAR TIRE
MICHELIN PILOT POWER PURE FRONT TIRE

body specs
-------------------------------
+12 catalyst tail with custom cut suzuki "s" tail light
stock gas tank cut for racing/comfort
race cut sides stock
stock upper

paint   
-------------------------------
house of kolor orion silver base
house of kolor lapis blue
house of kolor black diamond
house of kolor process blue stripe
house of kolor lime green stripe
12 coats of house of kolor urethane clear

Additional upgrades:
New air compressor, EK 530ZZZ chain, sprockets, fluids, service, spark plugs, Auto box auto shifter with 10000-10800 shift chips and on/off switch, ice blue LED lighting kit, chrome revolver short throttle kit (with additional cams) and chrome side mirrors (still have chrome block off plates and other "bits").  Boost by gear is set to progress up from 7# in first to 13# in 5&6.  Also has 5# waste gate spring installed (also have 7&9 # springs).   This tune allows it to put down the power on the street, the 9# just spun the tire ;).  High beam gives the full 350 WHP anytime you want it...
Dyno sheets from tune are available.   350 WHP at 13psi.   Capable of up to 460 WHP with a race gas tune (no race tune done for mile high).   

Currently tuned by RMS to high altitude tune for 91 pump gas (bike is in Denver, CO area), with progressive boost set.   
Any shipping is on you, but only cost me about $700 to ship from Michigan.   
Serious buyers only, no "joy rides".  Questions are always welcome ;)
Contact me if interested at Russ0414@q.com

Oh BTW, no Internet tough guy BS comments.   If you want to roll around on the floor laughing at some aspect of my for sale ad GET A LIFE!  Otherwise I am easy going and shoot me any questions you may have.   

This is a beautiful custom turbo with well over $20,000 in parts alone, not counting 100s of hours of labor and custom paint and chrome.   Built by Rick at RCC custom cycles in Michigan.   

Thanks.

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
Umm... look dude nobody called your bike "crappy" I was speaking in general terms. Don't know you or your bike so relax.  I was mainly referring to guys who slap a half azz pieced 2gether stage 1 turbo kit. And again your bike wasn't a typical turbo busa, it was fully built and making near 500HP so it wouldn't surprise me it was overheating making that much HP & boost. Not really my idea of a streetbike more like a race bike 4 "racing". Also a +13" swingarm and chain coupled with that much HP I'm not shocked @ all you had issues keeping a chain on it........???

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »
Not one problem here. 25,000 of boost. 400 hp, pump gas. Just gotta have the right parts. Love the h2r though.  Love that the factory took a truly fresh challenge.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 03:54:31 AM »
Not one problem here. 25,000 of boost. 400 hp, pump gas. Just gotta have the right parts. Love the h2r though.  Love that the factory took a truly fresh challenge.

Recently there has been a need for someone to step forward out of the pack with something new and innovative to bikes. Kawasaki are brave enough to do that. Respect to them.
Agreed the H2r is stunning and innovative.

The glove is down?  :lol:

Offline gjitsu

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 05:20:30 AM »
the b-king was going to be a supercharged bike but suzuki bailed on the idea in the end
"100% of the shots you dont take dont go in the net"
     wayne Gretzky

Offline boosted1k

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »
I have to admit the h2 is growing on me.  Just so much competition from the other brands for the price. Imagine if this bike came out in 2013?
200hp seems like the new bar now. I can remember back in 2001 when  the GSXR1000 came out with 145hp and was damn near untouchable in its class :shock:
2015 will be a awesome year for someone looking to drop money on one of these beast!
2004 hayabusa
mc-xpress 58/12 race kit
507hp
285ftlbs
built/tuned DaveO
RIP
10/16/59 - 09/27/08

2014 victory vegas 8ball

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »
^^^ AGREED  :tu:

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »
Umm... look dude nobody called your bike "crappy" I was speaking in general terms. Don't know you or your bike so relax.  I was mainly referring to guys who slap a half azz pieced 2gether stage 1 turbo kit. And again your bike wasn't a typical turbo busa, it was fully built and making near 500HP so it wouldn't surprise me it was overheating making that much HP & boost. Not really my idea of a streetbike more like a race bike 4 "racing". Also a +13" swingarm and chain coupled with that much HP I'm not shocked @ all you had issues keeping a chain on it........???

Good point.  It was over the top. 
Didn't mean to come across as angry  :wink:
That long a chain with that much power is a lot to ask of a street bike. 
I am hoping the supercharger trend continues on production bikes....
Like, say, the ZX14R.   Or better yet a new design Busa...   

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
the b-king was going to be a supercharged bike but suzuki bailed on the idea in the end

We never forgot it.
Suzuki would have been way ahead of the game by now.

Offline tooslow

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
Ha.dealer quoted me 27900.00 otd 4 the h2
tooslow

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »
Well yeah...that $25K price tag Cowasaki advertised doesn't include tax, tag, title, and dealer prep fees  :mrgreen:

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »
Ha.dealer quoted me 27900.00 otd 4 the h2

Hey, you can get a HARLEY for that! :hys:
Ride em if ya got em

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
I wonder what the torque will be, as that's what really matters.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »
I don't know about torque being that important considering wheelies make you go slow.....even with a wheelie or traction control.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 09:41:37 PM »

For those like myself...

Sorry you had such a sour experience with your turbo, but as you said they are not factory setups, so unless you have a very good understanding of how it all works, you ether pay and take your chances or do it yourself, and learn, I have had my turbo for 9 years , do 100% of my own work including tuning, (borrowed dyno time) it took a while, and yes a factory setup would naturaly have more reliability, as how many enginners are assigned to figure out a certain problem, but as it sits right now my bike will run in the 8s and if my old ass could take it, I would not be afraid to ride out and see my buddy Jeff in cali, now if your talking about a 400-500HP race bike that has issues riding on the street, depending on the setup and tuning that may be another deal, but I do know 350-400 HP with a intercooler is about max HP on pump gas, after that you need alcohol, e-85, or racing gas, all of which do not lend well to street use, so you got to know there are way to many turbo busa's out there to say there not reliable when assembled AND tuned correctly
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »
I just don't understand why anyone would have so many issues with a base intercooled system. 5-6 psi is all you need on a stock wheelbase bike and would be more than enough to hold it's own against most bikes. Gearing it right (and I mean more like an NA bike) makes a very fun and fast bike from the dig as well as on a roll.

Then grow some balls and add another 4-5 psi and 300hp is around the corner. I know there are plenty of guys who run more HP than that but on a SWB, 230hp is already a handful and wheelies or burnouts do not win races.

Offline boosted1k

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SBP37Sk1mgU

New video not sure if it was posted.  Low 8's at like 166mph.  Seems like a h2/h2r hybrid.
Rickey Gadson's Custom.
2004 hayabusa
mc-xpress 58/12 race kit
507hp
285ftlbs
built/tuned DaveO
RIP
10/16/59 - 09/27/08

2014 victory vegas 8ball