Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Ninja H2 street bike.  (Read 12829 times)

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Ninja H2 street bike.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 11:29:45 PM »
Umm... look dude nobody called your bike "crappy" I was speaking in general terms. Don't know you or your bike so relax.  I was mainly referring to guys who slap a half azz pieced 2gether stage 1 turbo kit. And again your bike wasn't a typical turbo busa, it was fully built and making near 500HP so it wouldn't surprise me it was overheating making that much HP & boost. Not really my idea of a streetbike more like a race bike 4 "racing". Also a +13" swingarm and chain coupled with that much HP I'm not shocked @ all you had issues keeping a chain on it........???

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 01:21:18 AM »
Not one problem here. 25,000 of boost. 400 hp, pump gas. Just gotta have the right parts. Love the h2r though.  Love that the factory took a truly fresh challenge.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 03:54:31 AM »
Not one problem here. 25,000 of boost. 400 hp, pump gas. Just gotta have the right parts. Love the h2r though.  Love that the factory took a truly fresh challenge.

Recently there has been a need for someone to step forward out of the pack with something new and innovative to bikes. Kawasaki are brave enough to do that. Respect to them.
Agreed the H2r is stunning and innovative.

The glove is down?  :lol:
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline gjitsu

• Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 05:20:30 AM »
the b-king was going to be a supercharged bike but suzuki bailed on the idea in the end
"100% of the shots you dont take dont go in the net"
     wayne Gretzky

Offline boosted1k

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »
I have to admit the h2 is growing on me.  Just so much competition from the other brands for the price. Imagine if this bike came out in 2013?
200hp seems like the new bar now. I can remember back in 2001 when  the GSXR1000 came out with 145hp and was damn near untouchable in its class :shock:
2015 will be a awesome year for someone looking to drop money on one of these beast!
2004 hayabusa
mc-xpress 58/12 race kit
507hp
285ftlbs
built/tuned DaveO
RIP
10/16/59 - 09/27/08

2014 victory vegas 8ball

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »
^^^ AGREED  :tu:

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »
Umm... look dude nobody called your bike "crappy" I was speaking in general terms. Don't know you or your bike so relax.  I was mainly referring to guys who slap a half azz pieced 2gether stage 1 turbo kit. And again your bike wasn't a typical turbo busa, it was fully built and making near 500HP so it wouldn't surprise me it was overheating making that much HP & boost. Not really my idea of a streetbike more like a race bike 4 "racing". Also a +13" swingarm and chain coupled with that much HP I'm not shocked @ all you had issues keeping a chain on it........???

Good point.  It was over the top. 
Didn't mean to come across as angry  :wink:
That long a chain with that much power is a lot to ask of a street bike. 
I am hoping the supercharger trend continues on production bikes....
Like, say, the ZX14R.   Or better yet a new design Busa...   
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »
the b-king was going to be a supercharged bike but suzuki bailed on the idea in the end

We never forgot it.
Suzuki would have been way ahead of the game by now.
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline tooslow

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
Ha.dealer quoted me 27900.00 otd 4 the h2
tooslow

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »
Well yeah...that $25K price tag Cowasaki advertised doesn't include tax, tag, title, and dealer prep fees  :mrgreen:

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »
Ha.dealer quoted me 27900.00 otd 4 the h2

Hey, you can get a HARLEY for that! :hys:
Ride em if ya got em

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
I wonder what the torque will be, as that's what really matters.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »
I don't know about torque being that important considering wheelies make you go slow.....even with a wheelie or traction control.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 09:41:37 PM »
I can buy a nice Pro Street bike for $25000.

For those of you who own your own garage, a LOT of tools and know how, and wrench your own...
My hat is off to you and I agree.

For those like myself...
I had a turbo bike and sold it.  Too many problems and issues, NOT a "daily driver" by any stretch.  Now that someone (THANK YOU KAWASAKI!) has FINALLY made a forced induction, street legal, and warrantied (so it will actually be dependable every day in all normal conditions) sport bike,  I will be in line to get one.   

That said, I think they are starting the H2 "low" on power to up sell it later on with more power. 

Once the reviews are out, and it is being ridden on the street, I hope the little supercharger makes its way onto something more like 1441ccs.    When it does, I will get one.   

Not a slam on the turbo guys here, but many will agree they are as much a dependable daily driver as a blown Chevy Nova drag car is a daily driver....
If this H2 is as dependable as my Hayabusa (non-turbo) has been, I am sold!

Come on Suzuki, fight back!   (the Ninja still doesn't look as good!)
Sorry you had such a sour experience with your turbo, but as you said they are not factory setups, so unless you have a very good understanding of how it all works, you ether pay and take your chances or do it yourself, and learn, I have had my turbo for 9 years , do 100% of my own work including tuning, (borrowed dyno time) it took a while, and yes a factory setup would naturaly have more reliability, as how many enginners are assigned to figure out a certain problem, but as it sits right now my bike will run in the 8s and if my old ass could take it, I would not be afraid to ride out and see my buddy Jeff in cali, now if your talking about a 400-500HP race bike that has issues riding on the street, depending on the setup and tuning that may be another deal, but I do know 350-400 HP with a intercooler is about max HP on pump gas, after that you need alcohol, e-85, or racing gas, all of which do not lend well to street use, so you got to know there are way to many turbo busa's out there to say there not reliable when assembled AND tuned correctly
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »
I just don't understand why anyone would have so many issues with a base intercooled system. 5-6 psi is all you need on a stock wheelbase bike and would be more than enough to hold it's own against most bikes. Gearing it right (and I mean more like an NA bike) makes a very fun and fast bike from the dig as well as on a roll.

Then grow some balls and add another 4-5 psi and 300hp is around the corner. I know there are plenty of guys who run more HP than that but on a SWB, 230hp is already a handful and wheelies or burnouts do not win races.

Offline boosted1k

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SBP37Sk1mgU

New video not sure if it was posted.  Low 8's at like 166mph.  Seems like a h2/h2r hybrid.
Rickey Gadson's Custom.
2004 hayabusa
mc-xpress 58/12 race kit
507hp
285ftlbs
built/tuned DaveO
RIP
10/16/59 - 09/27/08

2014 victory vegas 8ball