Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Question for our English friends,,  (Read 3077 times)

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
Question for our English friends,,
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:15:38 AM »
what is the fastest pass in Great Britian or Europe, made by a Naturally Aspirated Naked motorcycle, ??,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
Re: Question for our English friends,,
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
What distance ?

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 04:41:12 AM »
i am not interested in the distance, just the outright fastest speed ran by a na naked motorcycle, :),,,
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:45:35 AM by FlaminRoo »

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:30:20 AM »
That is a tricky one because the only records for naked bikes I know of are all turbo.
In the last 14 years I can only think of a few mostly standard motor bikes that have run naked and certainly all sub 180 mph.
This might be a good project for next year  :thumb:

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
interesting, thanks Ken, :),, reason for asking is that it only occured to me that my ZX12 maybe the fastest N/Aked outside of the US, (198.446mph, Lake Gairdner 2013) your answer confirms this,,

also, i am planning on comeing over/up to the UK/France again in 2017 for the end of WW1 celebrations, and am thinking of bringing the 12 over to run at Elvington, (Pendine ? also),,  8)

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 05:30:31 PM »
You would be more than welcome at Elvington but Pendine may not be suitable for any two wheelers much over 100mph I am led to believe.

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »
The problem is how do you classify "Naked"

Having a nice sloping headlight unit with clock above it can act as a deflector. Or a mini nose cone fairing, how big is it allowed? The only true naked would be to have absolutlely nothing, no clocks no lights no nose cone or anything.

Then of course comes the arguement of having a recognised class for bikes naked  with nitrous or turbo or supercharger or naked with a ginger beard wearing blue underpants all at different capacity levels.

Its mind boggling

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »
 :lol:,, ruelings can always be a contensus issue, especially when there are different orginisations involved,, the DLRA motorcycle rules a aligned with the SCTA, i believe (correct me if im wrong) that most of the tarmac venues in the USA are also aligned with the SCTA requirements when it comes to class conformity,, play within the sancotioning bodies rules and you have a legitamate claim,,  :bike: