Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tank Chop  (Read 3944 times)

Offline flashcustoms

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Tank Chop
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
I have seen some talk on here of modifying steel tanks and chopping them down. Instead of using the fibre glass ones that are available and dont last well when constantly filled with fuel. As a sheetmetal worker / welder by trade I love to find ways to modify all things bikes and cars - bit of a spare time hobby really. Thought you may be interested in some of the images of my attempt at a chop job. Not finished yet but this will be a welded and pressure tested job. Pictures for you to have a look at. Any comments please reply. Thanks Ian
Dropbox share link - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hggcg3awdv5jh6y/AACL4WivD7Uv9JN5tFd1oRcia?dl=0

Offline canadian john

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: Tank Chop
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »
Looking good   :tu:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
Looks real good should be a nice piece when finished, I used to do that same sort of thing for my race car oil pans to get them to clear stearing, exhaust, and chassis componants,  but they were not seen as easy as the tank would be so the finish work was not a big deal, it was fun but when asked if I would do one for another racer, I got cussed like I was trying to rip him off, so from then on I just did my own stuff,
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline #1busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 01:06:40 AM »
Where did the pic go?? Link said image was deleted or moved