Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: High Oil pressure  (Read 3022 times)

Offline 909MANNY

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
High Oil pressure
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »
Hey, something strange here. 03 Busa just about 56,000.00 miles on bike. Bike runs good, using 20/50 oil because of the mileage on the bike and was just about to get values adjusted. Took bike on a trip to Vegas, caught rain in Baker on my way back. Bike ran fine the hole trip, no oil lights no nothing. Got up next day to wash bike and started it to see oil pouring out of bike :(. Checked oil filter to see that the o ring was blown out (crazy I no,  & has never happened before). New filter & same oil same weight had a K&N on it and went to a high flow filter. Bike runs fine and I have always run the same oil. Now, as the bike warms up and it warm. It's building pressure  in the oil filter. So much so that when you rev the bike you can actually see the oil filter move back and fourth away from the block. Filter is on tight trust me. Took pan off and everthing looked good & was working right. No dirt no nothing. Everyone is telling me to change oil to 10/40 but why should I have to when bike has always ran good on 20/50. Oil journals can't be clogged otherwise I would of blew bike up on trip right? Order tool to ck oil pressure but has not arrived yet. IF ANY ONE HAS EVER HAD OR HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM, YOUR ADVICE OR GUIDANCE ON THE ISSUE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. You can email me at mnlmanny@yahoo.com or post a response. Thanks  :mrgreen:

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
Re: High Oil pressure
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 11:12:53 PM »
Use Suz OEM filter and try that

Offline slaki

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:08:58 AM »
Had same issue on a turbo Busa before. Mods done was high volume oil pump gear and high pressure oil valve. Pushed the pressures up to a point where the oil gasket can not hold it. Used a OEM oil filter and all sorted.

Offline TROUBLENC

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »
Check your relief valve sometimes they become blocked or obstructed by debris and will cause this to happen. Take out clean or replace with another.
Xtreme performance
IDBL Real street #1123