Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Day 1 -- We're Half Full!  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Mike Borders

• Rider
Day 1 -- We're Half Full!
« on: February 09, 2015, 04:47:37 PM »
The Mojave Magnum registration opened today, and we are already about half full at 2:30 PM.  If you are planning to come out, don't delay.

Also, I wanted to confirm that we WILL have two traps set up, at the Mile and the 1.5 Mile.  Thanks to Ed Raether's hard work to design a wireless trap (essential at Mojave, since before now we couldn't run wires across the smaller runway to do this), your timing slip will show speeds at both distances.  And, yes, that means if you exceed 200 mph at the mile trap, you WILL get a 200 mph MILE T-shirt.  The other side of the coin is, if you are licensed for 200+5 mph and you break out at EITHER trap, you will get a Breakout slip, penalty points (see the 2015 Rule Book, this is a change), and NO SHIRT.   :(

One other important change to our rules pertains to "rookies" or first-timers to Mojave (even with experience at other venues):  We are now requiring a rookie pass be made by both of these groups at <150 mph before letting it loose.  If an experienced racer from another venue completes his Rookie pass successfully, he can then be licensed for whatever speed license he has already earned for all subsequent passes without having to "move up" through the ranks.  This applies to LSR racers, too.

It's looking like a great weekend shaping up -- don't get shut out!

Mike B.

Offline pasodude

• Rider
Re: Day 1 -- We're Half Full!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:20:27 AM »
That awesome mike ! Thanks 4 the update . I sign up and there was 86 sign up ! Looking good ! Oh, I will be tying the 4 wheels stuff that weekend! Can't wait !

Offline 05calibusa

• Rider
    • BusaBob's Racing
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:43:39 AM »
That awesome mike ! Thanks 4 the update . I sign up and there was 86 sign up ! Looking good ! Oh, I will be tying the 4 wheels stuff that weekend! Can't wait !

Hmmm...2015 Corvette 1LZ, that one came out of left field.  Congrats...can't wait to see what that thing will do.
Mojave Mile 2014 - 205.6 mph
Mojave Magnum 2015 - 207.1 mph
BusaBob's Racing
https://sites.google.com/site/busabobsracing/home

Offline Mike Borders

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
As of today, we have 25 spots remaining for Saturday and 34 spots open for Sunday.  Spots are going fast -- if you want to come, better hurry!    :shock:

Mike B

Offline Daveeed

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »
I'm in for Sunday only.
At this event I will be riding Fireman Jim Higgins world record holding GSXR 750 Turbo... NAKED, maybe we will throw on the fairings for another couple of MPH, but I'm unsure. I would like to get mea 200mph NAKED ticket!

Riding under the flag of "Black Art Racing", one of the fastest, if not the fastest intercontinental land speed motorcycle racing teams in the world. Hell yea!
Yea, yea, yea... I blew the bike up at World of Speed while shaking it down at 196mph naked...
However, Black Art Racing had a real race motor ready to drop in.
So Ladies and Gentlemen... hold onto your hats, or Tutu's (what ever floats your boat)...
Black Art Racing is showing up loaded for bear, we ain't taken any prisoners.
God Willing, and a nice stiff Mojave tail wind, Jim and I will take 1st and 2nd... again!

Be sure to dyno tune your bike at Jim's shop "JTS Performance" at Sears Point Raceway.

Just to throw it out there, my goal is to nail down the worlds fastest run on a 750 turbo on any mile or mile 1/2 track...  Just Sayin. Now all I need to do is figure out how to launch the beast.

O yea, don't forget the no host racers party by the pool at Motel 6 in Mojave Saturday Night.

Smokey Burnout!
Tonsil Cancer Survivor: (HPV-16... go figure)
I race to make my soul smile, not to dismantle yours
Mojave Mile: 207 mph
Mojave Magnum: 209 mph
Bonneville: 200.5 mph
Bub RWB: 194.5 mph (Unacclaimed Champion!)
1397/JE13.5-1/Ward head/Web 415-395
Tuner: Fireman Jim @ JT&S Performance, Sonoma

Offline Mike Borders

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
Update:  8 slots left for Saturday, 19 left for Sunday!    :eek:

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »
Some fast bikes are signed up. Scott Horner, Brenda Carver, Mike Garcia, Jim Higgins, Richard Hatfield on the 'lectric bike, Tom Krause and Kerry Alter on "other than Suzuki" bikes. It will be hard to stand out in that crowd and I'm sure I missed a bunch of fast folks.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline pasodude

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 07:07:15 AM »
Hey guy ! Getting a new left knee in couple weeks so I come up with a backup plan so I would not miss mojave, have not miss one & I not going 2 start now! And would like 2 see what she do anyway ? Now got 2 find someone 2 take off my speed limter, just in case,  u know ! :hys: :bike: