Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Cleaning oil galleys and need 5 mm driver.......  (Read 3462 times)

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Cleaning oil galleys and need 5 mm driver.......
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:55:46 AM »
Morning,

Cleaning all the different threads on the new case, and am cleaning the oil galleys. Want nothing in the oiling circuit when this motor spins up besides fresh oil.

Anyone have a favorite slotted screwdriver they use to unscrew the rear oil galley jets to the transmission ? Don't want to bung the threads, but I need to pull these two buggers out to get any particulate floating around the rear oiling circuit that feeds the transmission.

The opening measures about 4.5-5 mm. I am taking it these are M6X1.0 threads. Thus the inside diameter is slightly under 5mm. The head of these jets looks pretty beefy, but brass can give if I don't use a decent fitted driver in there.

What are you using ? Are you grinding a medium slotted down to fit, or is there a favorite driver everyone uses ???.....

Thank you for the read. Have a good day.

A.
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /