Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Slave or clutch?  (Read 4133 times)

Offline w.parker

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Slave or clutch?
« on: March 08, 2015, 07:10:46 PM »
'06 hayabusa 15,300 miles this bike never ridden faster than 65 mph( now I know most of you guys are rolling around and laughing like this smiley guy( :hys:) but I'm an old man and plan to live to be a bit older). Slave cylinder pushes out when lever is squeezed and returns when you let off, clutch rod moves freely with slave I haven't inspected the clutch bands yet but when I try to put it in gear it shuts down. I bled the slave and it went softish again so I'm thinking slave cylinder. Any thoughts? Please feel free to rag me about owning a 'Busa then not riding it like a 'Busa. When I was younger I rode my GSXR1100 like a wild man, the 'Busa is just to intimidate the local kids. I've missed a few good sunny days like today and I'd really like to get this thing back on the street, any advise is welcome, any teasing will be forgiven. Thanks in advance.

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Slave or clutch?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
is it shutting down because the clutch is not disengaging or do u have the kick stand down??     remember the stand must be up,   i dont think u should be having any clutch hydrolic problems at 15k     i didnt rebuild my clutch hydrolics till well over 100k
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:31:27 PM by TT »
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline Getn off

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:31:02 PM »
Yep, or the stand switch failed.
Troy

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:08 PM »
 :tu:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:48 PM »
First I'm not going to bust your ass for not running a Busa like a Busa is normaly ridden, .............when your sitting on the bike kickstand up eng not running, with the bike in gear you pull in the clutch, can you push the bike? if so the clutch is working mechanicly, now put in nutrual, start bike pull in clutch still running tap in gear, is this when bike dies?   ck the diagnostic port to ck for fault codes, kickstand switch is the most likely problem, but if could be something else you could try to bypass the switch, unplug the connector at the kickstand and jumper wire it, and see if the problem go's away
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does