Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How low for landspeed?  (Read 1935 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
How low for landspeed?
« on: March 13, 2015, 02:16:44 AM »
How low front and back and can I strap the front?
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
Re: How low for landspeed?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »
I have gone -2" on each end. Since you have a turbo bike there may be a difference.
At BMST you use to be able to use a front end strap. The Mojave Magnum they will not allow a strap.
As rules change all the time, try to get a hold of the tech inspectors on Landracing or BMST facebook page for a final ruling on the strap.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
Re: How low for landspeed?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 03:46:18 PM »
i run one bike at about 3 " and the other at 2 , no real reason thats just the way it worked out ,
Dont like the idea of a strap, internally lowered forks work good for me
just keep it level, lower the rear the same as the front  and if you push the forks through the tripples make sure you have more fender clearance than fork travel as the forks use a lot of there travel when you roll off the power away at high speed at the end of the run
Official Site Donor