Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: my gen2 has a gen1 sprocket cover  (Read 3703 times)

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
my gen2 has a gen1 sprocket cover
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
I have a gen2 that I just ordered a slave support,. It didnt fit like it should then I realized my bike has a gen1 sprocket cover???   I thought the two parts werent interchangeable?    The motor was built before I bought it and was built well from everything I've seen.    I need to order a billet cover now and not sure what one to order..thinking they must have changed shift shafts but is that the only different between the gen1 snd 2?  I know the trans are different but it shouldn't affect the cover, right?.

Can anyone think of a reason why it eould have the wtong cover? Other then  the original cracked and thats what the had on hand.

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: my gen2 has a gen1 sprocket cover
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »
unless it has a .25" spacer plate behind it its a gen 2 cover, or gen one cases with gen 2 head.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:17:48 AM »
You were close.it had about a 1/4" gap where it should have touched the cases., but it didnt. :td:

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »
did it clear the output shaft? A gen 2 output shaft is longer and larger diameter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:30:04 AM by fvance »
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »
.25" is 1/4" the gen one cover can be spaced out .25" to make it work. That's how we have a cable conversion on out gen 2. Nobody made one when we were building it so we spaced it out
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.