Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fuel shut off requirement  (Read 3369 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
Fuel shut off requirement
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:16 AM »
The way I'm reading this it seems to be indicating that I need a shut off in the fuel line?
"FUEL SHUTOFF AND ENGINE KILL SWITCH* Motorcycles shall be equipped with a positive ignition off switch to terminate engine power. The riders shall be able to use the switch without their hands leaving the handlebars.
Gasoline class motorcycles shall have a fuel shut-off located within easy reach of the rider. Fuel class motorcycles shall have a positive fuel shut-off activated without the riders hand leaving the handlebars. In gas and fuel classes, a lanyard must connect the ignition shut-off switch to the rider. Aero/quip or equipment fire sleeve shall be securely fastened using metallic clamping devices over all gas/fuel lines and connectors. No plastic gas/fuel petcocks, connectors or filters are permitted".
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline scott g

• Post Master
Re: Fuel shut off requirement
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
This is actually not so hard......

If you have a fuel-injected bike,
that you probably have a fuel pump.

If you have a fuel pump, than when
you shut off the pump, fuel stops flowing.

If you shut off the engine, and the fuel pump
also shuts off, that's usually all you need.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
These are the kind of solutions that I love. Thanks  :D
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline scott g

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 04:12:58 PM »
These are the kind of solutions that I love. Thanks  :D

It is nice when we can find a solution that:

1) Costs no time or money.

2)  Adds nothing to the system to maintain or can break.

3)  Was hiding in plain sight.....

Where will you race this bike ?

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:36:49 PM »
Amen to that.I'll be racing it at the Bonneville motorcycle speed trials.

Offline scott g

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 07:41:50 PM »
All bikes ALL the time.

Good luck to you.

What classes ?

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
Not sure. It's mostly unmodified except the swingarm and hairdryer. I'll be running pump gas.