Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Tail light wiring question  (Read 3685 times)

Offline MITCH1914

• Post Whore
  • G.O.M.A.B.
Tail light wiring question
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:16:23 PM »
Anyone here have any information on how to wire gen 1 brake lights so that they work as both brake lights and signal lights. Someone once told me it required using a trailer wiring of some sort. Any information will be highly appreciated
G.O.M.A.B.

Offline butchersbulldogs

• Rider
Re: Tail light wiring question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:35:53 PM »
Hi i have done a little to  my taillights but i still use my turn signals but i took the spacer out so i don't know for sure if the turn signals will flash whenever you use the brake a trailer kit works off a cars flasher and the brake is a different circuit & bulb you might be able to drill a hole and mount stock turn bulbs in it is the only thing  is might to be a little cluttered. I cut my reflector off and turned the light over fits perfectly with a clean look on bottom and there is a little room on the top to run wires neatly . I put a switch on mine that shuts off both brake and taillights when not needed or wanted.put the switch in the holes for the passengers grab bar nice & clean and if i didn't show you would never find it comes in handy on highway whenever you need to disappear . In Florida 50 miles hr over speed limit they TAKE YOUR BIKE AND YOU GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL LOOSING YOUR BIKE .not just a mortgage size ticket.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:49:48 PM by butchersbulldogs »

Offline MITCH1914

• Post Whore
  • G.O.M.A.B.
Re: Tail light wiring question
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 09:50:15 PM »
Thanks for your feedback 👍
G.O.M.A.B.