Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: The Doctor "dumps" another.......  (Read 51401 times)

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: The Doctor "dumps" another.......
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2015, 06:33:56 PM »
Marquez trying to maintain his arc thru the corner is what caused him to go down.  There was a bike in the way and Rossi was on it.  There was plenty of pavement, no gravel traps were nearby and he could've ridden a wider arc and stayed on the pavement and in the race.  (He) tried to bully (your term) Rossi and stay with him and the result was enough of a touch, considering the lean angle attempted by Marquez, that caused the bump, touch or whatever, and Marquez lost the front tire.  I believe Rossi was trying to run him wide but I don't believe he tried to crash Marquez.  If I'm the inside bike and the outside bike is close enough to rub my leg, I might try to push it away too.  That doesn't translate to kicking Marquez's bike.  Although not against any rules, it was obvious that Marquez let Lorenzo by so that he could drop back, block and delay Rossi's progress instead of trying to win the race himself.

Rossi has lost the appeal so now I wonder how far (back) Marquez will go to duel with Rossi if Lorenzo seems to be struggling? :lol:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 07:01:00 PM by Sport »
Ride em if ya got em

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »
So Rossi didn't intentionally slow down just to force(bully)Marquez into going wide,and it's all Marquez's fault because he chose to try and stay on the track rather than be forced off it because of Rossi's little butt hurt move?Evidently Rossi can do no wrong with you guys. :lol:Pretty doubtful Rossi will be anywhere near Lorenzo at the end of this last race,and I'm hoping Marquez falls back just to knock Rossi on his ass. :tu:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: The Doctor "dumps" another....
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »
Maybe you don't understand what you read?  Here is an excerpt from my post above answering your question.

"I believe Rossi (was) trying to run him wide but I don't believe he tried to crash Marquez.  If I'm the inside bike and the outside bike is close enough to rub my leg, I might try to push it away too.  That doesn't translate to kicking Marquez's bike."

Marquez was far far away from the edge of the roadway.  There was no risk of him running off the pavement or into a gravel trap or something.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2015, 09:01:28 PM »
From the vids Marky had the chance to go straight on across the hardstanding run off and then pull it back on track but he chose to play spoilt bastard and chuck his bike on the floor. A Maradonna move.
Marky knocked Rossi's foot off the peg, no way woud Rossi kick another racer. No way.

I hope they work it our fairly but MM is a pushy little shit and his lack of respect shows, despite his proclamations about how much he respects and idolises Rossi, when?

Maybe you don't understand what you've read,I was referring to HOS's post where he stated "had the chance to go straight on across the hardstanding run off and then pull it back on track".Rossi intentionally pulled back and caused a confrontation which resulted in Marquez's crash,what Marquez could have/should have done is irrelevant.They did right by pulling some points and starting him at the back,would hate to see everyone start pulling that crap with no consequences.Whatever though,I'm done here.Rossi was butt hurt and pulled an asshole move whether any of you want to admit it or not,and in the end who really gives a shit anyway...Rossi's on his way out and Marquez will be around for another 10-15 years. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2015, 01:18:29 AM »
From the vids Marky had the chance to go straight on across the hardstanding run off and then pull it back on track but he chose to play spoilt bastard and chuck his bike on the floor. A Maradonna move.
Marky knocked Rossi's foot off the peg, no way woud Rossi kick another racer. No way.

I hope they work it our fairly but MM is a pushy little shit and his lack of respect shows, despite his proclamations about how much he respects and idolises Rossi, when?

Still trying to defend Rossi's bullshit antics today,you guys crack me up(you're all gonna be lost when old Rossi retires). :lol:

Only opinions being expressed.
The only people who know what happened were on the track where the unwritren rules are something we wouldn't know.
We watched MM dumping it trying to overtake Rossi at Silverstone.
I guess MM worked out the blame angles better now.

I'm not obsessive about supporting anyone on the track so don't assume I'm a deadhead blindly supporting Rossi.

I was thinking about the appeal last night and worked it out that the appeal wold fail because the race regulators would certainly go where the money is...... MM in other words.

MM wrecked Lorenzo WC last time, this time he set out to wreck Rossi. 
Who's turn will it be next year?

It's a sad affair and the reckless riding ive seen in the last few seasons has put me off MotoGP. The  :lol: bosses need to stop the frequent take downs on the track before another rider gets killed irrespective of who done it.

I'm going back to WSBK. 

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:27:01 AM by HOS »
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »
There is always baseball - "The World Series".  Game 1 starts tomorrow between the Royals and the Mets.   :tu: :)
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2015, 10:12:09 AM »
I dont watch Moto GP much. From what I hear MM needs to be put down, like a rabid dog!!
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »
I dont watch Moto GP much. From what I hear MM needs to be put down, like a rabid dog!!

Fastest and ballsiest kid out there Fred,has set lap records,most poll start records,wins in a year records,etc. and is only 21 now(won the GP championship in 2013[I think] as the youngest ever to do so at 19 years old and again last year at 20).Only reason he's not winning it this year is because he's crashed out of 6 races,always wide open and it's either 1st place or nothing as far as he's concerned.If not for him I wouldn't even bother watching it at all,kid brought a whole lot of new excitement to the races.Those other guys were happy when Casey Stoner retired 'cause they couldn't beat him for shit either,then along comes Marquez and it starts all over. :lol:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2015, 03:44:53 AM »
We were discusing Stoner last night, what a brilliant rider he is. :D :D
Felt he could win by over 1 lap even on a scooter   :lol:
Remember when Stoner surprised everyone and quit Repsol early in the season because of all the politics (corruption?)

Consider that DORNA is a Spanish organisation, Repsol is a Spanish oil company, there are  3 rounds held in Spain !!!!! and Lorenzo and Marquez are both Spanish.
How many rounds are held in the US ? How many other countries have lost rounds? But Spain still gets 3?

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »
By Royal decree and from this day forth, the MOTOGP rider formerly known as Lorenzo will be known as J-lo for behaving like a bitching gurl towards his team mate.  :D

Thank you. 

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2015, 05:55:09 PM »
By Royal decree and from this day forth, the MOTOGP rider formerly known as Lorenzo will be known as J-lo for behaving like a bitching gurl towards his team mate.  :D

Thank you.

I'll go along with that :lol: but with the following caveat, unless he has problems with his brakes, or tires, or the shield on his helmet...or it rains, or someone is racing him too close, J-Lo is one fine GP racer.  To his credit, he's got the best hole shot in the game and under perfect conditions, may be the (smoothest) rider out there.  Now, if only Aprillia, BMW, Kawasaki and KTM? were to field F1 quality race teams...am I leaving anyone out? :bike:  How about a 1,300cc and up (or unlimited class) Uber Super Sports series?  Even if their corner speeds are less than liter bikes, their terminal speeds would be brilliant! 8)
Ride em if ya got em

Offline scott g

• Post Master
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2015, 11:53:48 AM »
I think that SUPERBIKEPLANET.COM has a nice look at Valencia:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2015/Oct/151029-60-smokes-em.htm

Remember when WAYNE RAINEY won from the last row ?

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2015, 09:42:56 AM »

Maybe you don't understand what you've read,I was referring to HOS's post where he stated "had the chance to go straight on across the hardstanding run off and then pull it back on track".Rossi intentionally pulled back and caused a confrontation which resulted in Marquez's crash,what Marquez could have/should have done is irrelevant.They did right by pulling some points and starting him at the back,would hate to see everyone start pulling that crap with no consequences.Whatever though,I'm done here.Rossi was butt hurt and pulled an asshole move whether any of you want to admit it or not,and in the end who really gives a shit anyway...Rossi's on his way out and Marquez will be around for another 10-15 years. :lol:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/hrc-boss-declares-data-proves-rossi-kicked-marquez/28393.html

Offline scott g

• Post Master
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
The matter is at least partially
resolved by the CAS ruling
that REJECTS the Rossi plea. 

Rossi will start from the rear.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/rossi-will-start-from-last-at-valencia-after-cas-throw-out-appeal

Still unexplained is how Rossi
could have "kicked" the #93
rake lever while avoiding the
"guard" placed in front of the lever..........

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
[quote Still unexplained is how Rossi
could have "kicked" the #93
rake lever while avoiding the
"guard" placed in front of the lever..........[/b]
[/quote]

That's cause he didn't kick the lever, or his bike.  MM tried to occupy the same real estate as VR and that's why he went down.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2015, 03:02:32 PM »

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/hrc-boss-declares-data-proves-rossi-kicked-marquez/28393.html

I'm out of this discussion mate.
You have your opinions and I have mine.
I know you will not change yours and you probably know I will not change mine.
Let's leave it there  :thumb:

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »
Rossi is not Spanish. It's as simple as that. The series is run by the Spaniards, there's three races in Spain, Marquez and Lorenzo are Spaniards...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:01:41 PM by SEJ »
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »
Sunday morning boys...Marquez for the win! :lol:

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »
Rossi is not Spanish. It's as simple as that. The series is run by the Spaniards, there's three races in Spain, Marquez and Lorenzo are Spaniards...

My apologies...I was wrong...tomorrow will be the 4th race in Spain this year. We've been robbed of a head to head battle for the championship because of politics... Regardless of who you want to win the championship, or how you view the incident..all of us are the losers...was Marquez fucking with Rossi? Most likely...Was Rossi fucking with Marques? Positively yes. Did Rossi take out Marquez and cause him to crash? No way...
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2015, 05:54:25 PM »
Results?

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
Results?

JLo won, the Hondas 2nd and 3rd and Rossi 4th.  JLo ran in front flag to flag with MM guarding his rear...all the way, never trying to race after him.  Rossi put on a champion's ride from the rear to finish 4th.  He had passed 6-7 riders in the first lap and before mid race he was in 4th.  Outstanding run as was the attendance.  Over 110,000 showed up for the race.  Too bad we can't get that kind of attendance over here.  If we did maybe they'd come back and race here, at Laguna, Indy, Texas and maybe another suitable track.  Make it an extended US MotoGP series so they'd have to come over just once.  Wishful thinking...
Ride em if ya got em

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »
Probably the 2nd best race I've seen all year.Don't know if I'd call it as Marquez guarding Lorenzo,Lorenzo was a machine putting down exceptional laps all through the race and even when Rossi was in the clear for the 2nd half of the race he still wasn't running the lap times that Lorenzo,Marquez,and Pedrosa(especially Pedrosa)was.Looked to me that all four were running right on the edge through those last 5 or so laps,another lap and Pedrosa may have taken it.Rossi threw away the championship(though he still would have to have finished better than 4th today and that's not a given as fast as the other three were riding)that last race when he hung back to fuck with Marquez instead of just going about his business as he was ahead of Marquez in that corner.I saw his fellow countryman Dovi let him through today,he passed him awful easily even though that Ducati had speed all over that Yamaha.

Hopefully next year we won't have to hear Rossi whining about this big "conspiracy" he kept carrying on about. :lol:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »
So Lorenzo is World Champ, right? (I only have the basic 72 channel service from Time Warner Cable - cannot get this stuff)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:41:01 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2015, 10:12:30 PM »
I wonder what the Repsol execs think about MM throwing away another win for the Honda team?  He even kept Pedrosa at bay when he attempted to give JLo a run.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »
I wonder what the Repsol execs think about MM throwing away another win for the Honda team?  He even kept Pedrosa at bay when he attempted to give JLo a run.

Yep. It could not have been more obvious. He clearly had the power to at least attempt a pass, but he never even did that. It wasn't until Pedrosa caught up that Marquez battled with Pedrosa to slow them both down, then he easily caught up to Lorenzo and again "guarded" Lorenzo's position for him. It was a slap to the face of the sport, both Lorenzo and Marquez have no honor and are completely classless. What a complete crock.

3 Spanish riders finishing 1 2 3 at Valencia, Spain in a Spanish owned racing series. Yeah, that wasn't at least somewhat planned and scripted. Dorna have completely ruined MotoGP. It will never, ever be the same.
Thomas