13 NOV 2016

VERY nice speed on dirt,
and with only 1000cc.

I believe this is the
fastest motorcycle EVER
at El Mirage for the last 75 years !

--- End quote ---

You bet me too it! 

That is crazy fast.  Monumental; considering 1000cc on a relatively short dirt track.

sgvridgerunner:
Wow! It's been a while since we've posted about El Mirage. Actually it seems that small-displacement bikes are the hot trend right now in SCTA. Not many Busas or high-number bikes showing up anymore....that needs to change.

Since we are long overdue for an update, I'm pleased to introduce the newest members to this list:
Shane San Miguel (who was already mentioned) added some spray to his 201mph Busa, and ran at the 1350 MPS-F class. In May of 2018,  and after 10 years, he has earned a merlot hat with a speed of 202.510.
In November of 2017, Jay Allen entered the Dirty 2 club with a speed of 209.009mph on his blown Harley.
And just last weekend, finally after 11 years of hard work, Steve "Papi" Chappell entered the club with a 202mph pass on his N/A ZX-14.

Pat Womack has his bike sorted out and is knocking on the door of being only the 3rd motorcyclist in El Mirage history to earn a AA license (250mph). I hope he gets it this year.

The motorcycle landscape is changing out at El Mirage, which can be a good thing in and of itself (a lot more custom frame and vintage builds), but it would be nice to have a few more 200+ bikes out here. Some of you know who I'm talking to. So come on out!!!! There are something like 750+ Bonneville red hat owners, but there are only 253 Merlot hat owners, with less than 30 of them on bikes. It's a far more exclusive club (wink wink).  :tu:

scott g:
Add Chris Burns

Chris Burns MPS/BF-1650/4 2015 Kawasaki Z14-R 249.307mph
Colorado Spaceport 2020 1.25 miles

scott g:
New guy on the list:

Phillipe Le Peru

263.257mph

Turbo Busa Elvington 2022

scott g:
TEN new names added today,
including the new leader