GENERAL > MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Standing 1.3 miles over 200 mph List

<< < (2/4) > >>

scott g:
I hereby declare this list
"Self Serve."

Go for it !

sgvridgerunner:
Well, as you all know, El Mirage was rained out in May. So we had to wait until June, but it was worth the wait!!!
New Dirty 2 Club member:
Dave Consalvo...6/15... 207.184...1350 APS-G

scott g:

--- Quote from: sgvridgerunner on June 15, 2015, 05:09:28 PM ---Well, as you all know, El Mirage was rained out in May. So we had to wait until June, but it was worth the wait!!!
New Dirty 2 Club member:
Dave Consalvo...6/15... 207.184...1350 APS-G

--- End quote ---

a GREAT picture of DAVE, still in his leathers,
receiving from DAN WARNER, the (appropriately
named ) MERLOT colored hat for
El Mirage 200 Club membership !

Dave:  Take this moment to speak to history
and tell us about the weather, the track,
how the bike ran, the class, and importantly,
who held the record before you.

What Club are you a member of ?

Please also post pic's of the bike - we
may never get a chance to see it again...

sgvridgerunner:

--- Quote ---Dave:  Take this moment to speak to history
and tell us about the weather, the track,
how the bike ran, the class, and importantly,
who held the record before you.

What Club are you a member of ?

Please also post pic's of the bike - we
may never get a chance to see it again...

--- End quote ---

I'll try my best to remember the data on the timing slip, it may not be 100% accurate.
It was quite hot, I believe the temp was 97F, but it felt like well over 100. The DA was over 6200, and there was a 2mph head-cross wind. The lake surface was one of the best I've ever seen - like concrete for the first 1/2 of the course, then it was well-coagulated potato chips the rest of the way. The bike is still in development and wasn't running as well as I would have liked. It's still misfiring as seen in my Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAuS9kQEd8.

The record was in the 1350 APS-G class which was last set in September, 2000 by Rick Yacoucci. This was a hard record to break, and I am still amazed and impressed at how well his bike ran so early on in the development of the Hayabusa.

I am a member of the High Desert Racers and have been racing at El Mirage for 7 years.

Here's a pic of the workhorse:

Thanks,
Dave

Vanishing Point:
Erin Sills post this:

Our final tally for the first race weekend at El Mirage ... We took 3 passes for 3 new records as we set and then kept increasing the Production 1000cc record.
With 207.094 mph on the 1.3 mile course, we beat the prior record from 2011 by 11 miles per hour.

We think (?) I now own the fastest production motorcycle record in any cc class on any surface (still checking). I couldn't be more proud of this team and what we've done over the past years together. It took me 12 years of racing to get my first SCTA "2-Club" hat! Huge thanks to our friends, family, and supporters!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version