Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hard Starting  (Read 29965 times)

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Hard Starting
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2015, 09:01:49 PM »
We'll just get you one of each bro. :lol:

Gonna ride on out to Fontucky(Fontana  :lol:)in about an hour,supposed to have some bike thing at the track today sponsored by Tombo Racing(don't know what the hell a shop in Oklahoma is sponsoring a race out here for but guess I'd best go see  :lol:).I get there at 8:00AM and only hang out for a couple hours,gets hotter'n a motherfucker up there(was 96 here yesterday)and there's not a stick of shade within 5 miles of that place.Best thing is it's only 28 miles from the house and if traffic's decent I can make it in about 22 minutes. :lol:Saw a flyer about it posted on a local website,sounds like a club thing so I'll be ready to duck if any lead starts flyin'. :lol:

http://westcoastsportbikes.org/index.php?topic=603.msg6431#new
Tombo looks to be the normal go fast bike shop, paint, arms custom work, some of the bikes in there gallery look decent, but I guess there claim to fame is they make billet cranks for Vance&Hines, at least thats what there websight says,   like you no idea what they are doing at Fontana???
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:35 PM »
Yeah,his bikes stand out in the crowd. :lol:I guess he grew up out here and hung around the Vance & Hines shop as a kid,then eventually had a small shop of his own before moving to Oklahoma.Everybody(older guys)seemed to know him,guess they all used to street(and track)race back in the day around the LA area.Place was packed today,can't beat it for $10. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
Yeah,his bikes stand out in the crowd. :lol:I guess he grew up out here and hung around the Vance & Hines shop as a kid,then eventually had a small shop of his own before moving to Oklahoma.Everybody(older guys)seemed to know him,guess they all used to street(and track)race back in the day around the LA area.Place was packed today,can't beat it for $10. :lol:
Dam, it seems like everyday anymore I keep getting reminded what a old fart I really am, I remember being at the drags when Terry Vance and Byron Hines were pit monkeys for Russ Collins, jesus that sucks :(
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 07:27:13 PM »
I hear ya bro,I remember the old Elmer Trett,Truett & Osborn,Marion Owens,etc. bikes,I must've been about 16 or 17. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 11:29:09 AM »
Don't leave out Danny Johnson with his twin engine Goliath and Joe Smith.  I was in my 20's.

"Double your engines, double your fun."  Bike was started with rollers from his pick-up truck.

Bottom pic is a good shot of my old boss..........Blond hair and leather jacket.  That is Frank Sinatra on the right shaking hands.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:48:44 AM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2015, 01:55:09 PM »
Yep,I loved all those old dual engined bikes.My best bro in AZ(Bill H.,goes by B1,long time  member and engine builder of the Dozen/now HA)had a dual engined Shovel street bike.From the front or rear you'd never notice until you took in that almost 4' long Sportster tank and tiller bars.Thing was cool as shit and had a lot of torque. :lol:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »
Notice on Goliath............no ball protection in case of an explosion.
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."