Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: facebook flashI  (Read 27389 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: facebook flashI
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 03:07:42 PM »
He must have flashed his ecu twice :mrgreen:

That has gotta be the deal.  :hys:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 09:47:58 AM »
You guys thought bad tuners existed before, everyone on Facebook sells a bucket full of tunes dipped in snake oil. 

One guy is charging $120 just to flash peoples ECU's and most of those jokers are eating it up... :lol:

CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
  • Where am I? Don't worry bout it
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »
I have been away from Busa's for a couple years but recently started building a 1441 cutrail gen2.   I know  petrik and boost by smith sells the  box to flash your ecu , I do have one and they are the way to go.

.  My question and I  think I  already know the answer.  I keep reading  on facebook that people are  saying to mail your ecu to get flashed tuned .. How the hell can you tune something without a dyno?   The guy that flashes them said a typical gen2 makes 192-198 with a pipe and his mail order tune??    Has something changed in the last two years regarding tuning?  People rave about this mail order tunes!   
I believe I know the guy you are talking about. He flashes ecus and everyone raves about it. They claim PCs and Bazzaz boxes are junk but mine never failed. he sells his services by stating the cost of a dyno tune but my thought is how is he getting his setup without a dyno? I believe his customers are messing with their settings on their PCs there fore affecting the performance. Just my .02

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »
You guys thought bad tuners existed before, everyone on Facebook sells a bucket full of tunes dipped in snake oil. 

One guy is charging $120 just to flash peoples ECU's and most of those jokers are eating it up... :lol:

:lol:  :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »
Thats always been my thinking.. every bike is slightly different..when has a gen2 made 198hp with a pipe and tune!!??

I came pretty close(Alisyn oil w/Petron Plus,all short stacks,Sprint filter,good air[80 degrees and 30% humidity/sea level]chain lubed/adjusted and rear wheel aligned spot on,Iridium plugs,and 89 octane Shell,etc.).LOL May have just been a happy dyno but regardless the bike runs better and worth the $350 for the tune.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline tyboogie

• Rider
  • Where am I? Don't worry bout it
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 10:23:55 AM »
Thats always been my thinking.. every bike is slightly different..when has a gen2 made 198hp with a pipe and tune!!??

I came pretty close(Alisyn oil w/Petron Plus,all short stacks,Sprint filter,good air[80 degrees and 30% humidity/sea level]chain lubed/adjusted and rear wheel aligned spot on,Iridium plugs,and 89 octane Shell,etc.).LOL May have just been a happy dyno but regardless the bike runs better and worth the $350 for the tune. I would imagine the short stacks helped with the extra hp also the filter the lil things all add up. Good run bro!!!

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 11:37:50 AM »

I came pretty close(Alisyn oil w/Petron Plus,all short stacks,Sprint filter,good air[80 degrees and 30% humidity/sea level]chain lubed/adjusted and rear wheel aligned spot on,Iridium plugs,and 89 octane Shell,etc.).LOL May have just been a happy dyno but regardless the bike runs better and worth the $350 for the tune.

I'm stalkin' ya pal............but I am cheatin' with headwork and some "mild" cams.   :lol:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »

I came pretty close(Alisyn oil w/Petron Plus,all short stacks,Sprint filter,good air[80 degrees and 30% humidity/sea level]chain lubed/adjusted and rear wheel aligned spot on,Iridium plugs,and 89 octane Shell,etc.).LOL May have just been a happy dyno but regardless the bike runs better and worth the $350 for the tune. I would imagine the short stacks helped with the extra hp also the filter the lil things all add up. Good run bro!!!

He said the all short stacks were good for 3-4 hp(thought I might lose some on the bottom or mid-range but didn't),another 1 or so from the Sprint filter,and the little shit such as having the chain lubed and adjusted right and the rear wheel being aligned spot on(just that being a little off can cause a loss of of a couple hp).Don't know if the Iridium plugs helped but probably didn't hurt,and the bike was running rich as shit when I brought it in.He was also a believer in the Brocks pipe,said he had tuned quite a few Busas with other pipes and none had made as much power as my old turd.Didn't have anything to do with power but I also did the Schnitz quick turn throttle which makes it seem faster. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:07:24 PM by piratediverjefff »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 12:05:49 PM »

I'm stalkin' ya pal............but I am cheatin' with headwork and some "mild" cams.   :lol:

When you gonna have that thing on the road bro?

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »
Who is the "facebook flasher" you are referring to?

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 08:50:27 PM »
That's good power for the mods. Happy Dyno or not I'm sure it runs better then before the tune. Picked up ten hp! :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2015, 07:00:26 AM »
Does seem to run a lot smoother now Dave. :thumb:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »

When you gonna have that thing on the road bro?

I am ridin' it now waiting for 2 items.....BST rims - McIntosh arm.....Then it goes into surgery.  If the rims come in and the arm does not, I'll likely just give it to Rodney anyways.  The rims have been the hold-up.

If I had to guess, I would say late July or early August.  That is just the way it is............Terry will only work so fast, even with Rodney in his ear.   
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:56:14 AM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 04:42:02 PM »
Actually, now that I think of it, we might want to wait for final testing when we get a "cool-spell" so the air will not be so thin.

Then again, the newer dynos correct for air temp/density/humidity to try to get to a 75 degree day.  Who knows. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2015, 01:52:33 AM »
Most stock bikes run about the same.ide say and have done many times a good flash and a ecu tune can do wonders!!..it's.  Not for everyone.its for the people who can't afford or don't want to take there bike to a dyno,and something  to get ya started,Take off all.the restrictions, have the fan come on sooner.ad a 2 step.higher Rev limiter.airshift kill.turn smog off ect ect ect.

Ive flashed and Installed many tunes for ppl.all.across the world..all.said they were happy and bikes went faster at the track and ran better for certian without spending alot and no effort..maybe I should.change My name to .facebookflasher..lol

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm!  Not bad!!  Good taste in women and beer.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2015, 06:39:48 PM »
Ed I was  more or less talking about people saying to just  flash it and you don need a tune.  There's  plenty of   benefits to flashing but  if your seriuos about power then a
Dyno or data logging is the way to go. You been around a long time you know what I mean :tu:

I agree 100 percent  that it's more for the average street rider not want to spend the money   or not needing every hp they can get.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2015, 08:13:04 PM »
Dave,
            A good tune is about 4-500 bucks.  On a 13,000 bike, that ain't shit, IMO.  A set of tires.  That's all.
Dave

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2015, 12:51:47 PM »
Your preaching to the choir! :D
 I  get every ounce of power I can out of my bikes.

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »
I have been away from Busa's for a couple years but recently started building a 1441 cutrail gen2.   I know  petrik and boost by smith sells the  box to flash your ecu , I do have one and they are the way to go.

I just read this thread, and this is a little offtopic, but i have to say that Petrik does not sell anything, he did start the development on the software and meant it to be free, at least the early versions were.