Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Brocks and pc5, results in odd idle.  (Read 4696 times)

Offline IBBW

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Brocks and pc5, results in odd idle.
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »
Now I have not yet contacted Brocks about this issue. Fact is maybe I don't have an issue at alll. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing. I installed a full street smart exhaust. I think it's also called a gen 3?  I bought my pc5 from brocks with the street map pre uploaded to the pc. Followed instructions to a tee. Everything fit beautiful. Bike started up easier than usual. Runs like a demon. Odd thing is it has a "lumpy" idle. It doesn't fluctuate or stall or anything. It does smooth some after bike is fully warmed up. Sounds like I installed a larger lift cam in the bike. Runs great just seems odd a FI engine would idle this way. I was just curious what others had experienced. I have gone back and rechecked my work with the Pc install and to make sure I hadn't pinched any line, etc. Bike is a 2011 with approximately 5k miles.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Brocks and pc5, results in odd idle.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:10:30 PM »
I have a Short Meg full system with a PCIII(bought the PC with map already in it,not Brocks map though)and mine did it for a while and then stopped and hasn't done it since.Was a little strange,bike ran great then and still does(I also have a 2011,put the exhaust and PC on at 500 miles and didn't start doing it until a few thousand miles later,then mysteriously stopped).To tell you the truth I kinda liked it. :lol:

Can really hear it starting at about the 50 second mark;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDmIleO5DiE   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:18:16 PM by piratediverjefff »
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »
I am running Brocks Full Ti Race Pipe with a 16 inch single can and a PCV with Brock's "street map" in it for 89 octane non-ethanol fuel.

Bike has a slight "lumpy idle" when cold but it goes away when it comes up to full operating temp.  Stock motor.

Make sure you blocked off the PAIR valve tube running out of the bottom of the airbox.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:19:06 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline IBBW

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
I did the pair block off. This is the only thing I had some confusion on. The instructions noted the pair block off on the 2008-2009 model. The parts were in my kit so I used them. My exhaust is also a single can. So is that a street smart exhaust or is it a gen 3? I have a stainless header and a carbon fiber can. I rode to work this morning (110 miles of interstate) bike idled smooth as silk.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Did you just now do the PAIR Blockoff, or had  you  done that already?
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline IBBW

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 12:52:47 PM »
I did everything the instructions asked before I ever attempted to start the bike. This morning I started it up and it almost idled normally. Seems it is going away as Jefff said it would. I guess I've put about 200-250 miles on it since the install.

Offline IBBW

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
Ok here is another thing. Last thing in the instruction list is to do a air box mod per included instructions. Ok so no instructions were included and I have no idea if I should or should not do it. I can get the instructions off the web site. Not a problem. I just am not sure if my map is correct for the mod since the instructions were not included, they left my PC5 CD out of the box too. Guess a phone call is gonna be in order

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »
There isn't an airbox for the Gen 2 Hayabusa. Your fine.