Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 76847 times)

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2015, 05:44:03 PM »
Well guys, the KTM dealer (Nebraska) emailed me today and said they can give me 8k for the Busa.
I might be making a trip...

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2015, 06:44:20 PM »
Take about 11K with ya.  Those bikes cost money. 
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2015, 07:16:20 PM »

It's a brand new black 2014 with 0 miles. As of right now they are down to $16,200 for it.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2015, 06:56:53 PM »
I would like to thank all you guys for answering my questions and offering your advice, I appreciate it.   :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
When I bought my last new Busa I took in a photocopy from Cycle Trader of a couple with the best prices and asked if they'd match,they did and saved me about $2K(worth a shot anyway).

http://www.cycletrader.com/Ktm-1290-Super-Duke-Motorcycles----CycleTrader.com/search-results?condition=N&make=Ktm|2319322&model=1290+Super+Duke&schemecode=AD&sort=featured:desc&type=356953&&year=*:2014&modelkeyword=1&
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2015, 08:41:55 PM »

It's a brand new black 2014 with 0 miles. As of right now they are down to $16,200 for it.

If I could have two bikes, the Busa would be sleeping next to the 1290 Duke.   :thumb: :tu: :bike:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2015, 08:47:22 PM »
I've pretty much decided against the Super Duke. They are awesome, but overpriced.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »
* Double post

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2015, 10:33:13 PM »
My total cost for the Titanium race pipe and pre-mapped Dynojet PCV was around 1850 - shipped to my door.

That price included the PCV ?

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2015, 05:31:10 PM »
Back to getting a little spark from your ride, I would do the front sprocket for sure. Stock chain of course will work fine.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2015, 07:48:35 PM »
Back to getting a little spark from your ride, I would do the front sprocket for sure. Stock chain of course will work fine.

I think they are still "butter-ish" and stretch too often...........EK ZZZ.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »
Don't throw too much at him as he seems to get discouraged easily from all the input.....information overload....

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2015, 08:19:15 PM »

I think they are still "butter-ish" and stretch too often...........EK ZZZ.
Proper maintenance is key,I have 7500mi on my original OEM chain,and 7300 have been with the 1441. Add a few hundred passes down the 1/4mi as well. Looks brand spankin new,no significant signs of wear.

A ZZZ is 100% overkill on a stock engine Gen2 street bike
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2015, 08:19:57 PM »
Don't throw too much at him as he seems to get discouraged easily from all the input.....information overload....

Lol. Yeah, I have been too distracted with all the latest greatest bikes to appreciate what I have.
I've come to the conclusion that my Busa is a Keeper, she is a Smooth Beast that I'm going to make more Beastly.
So far I added a Puig Racing Windscreen and had Boosted Cycle Performance flash the ECU (Major Difference)
Here's my plan for additional mods:

1) Helibars & New Grips
2) 1" Lower Footpegs
3) 17 Tooth Front Sprocket & Speedo Healer
4) Full Exhaust System (Winter Project)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:25:42 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
Change of plans guys, I cant keep this bike. In stock form the Haybusa is Lame and nothing but hype.
I shouldn't have to spend a bunch of money to get some performance out of a so called "Legend"

Ride safe

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2015, 09:17:51 PM »
Man,you change your mind more than most people change underwear. :lol:Oh well,Busas aren't for everybody. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
Man,you change your mind more than most people change underwear. :lol:Oh well,Busas aren't for everybody. :thumb:

I've really tried to like this bike, but it just doesn't live up to the hype that I've heard since 1999.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2015, 03:49:13 PM »

I've really tried to like this bike, but it just doesn't live up to the hype that I've heard since 1999.

Did you ride a Hayabusa back in 99? No you didn't. The closest competition for all around fun was maybe the Honda Blackbird and Kawasaki ZX11.

You expect a Hayabusa to still be the best of the best? It was built for speed not for cornering, not for touring, not for stunting.....although with the right rider does all of this pretty good considering. Do you forget this bike dominated for nearly 8 years before Kawi came out with the ZX14? Gen I is 8 years old, Gen II is now 7 years old itself. What do you expect?

Where the Hayabusa excels and will still excel is in the opportunity to make it nearly the absolute best at everything within a somewhat reasonable price tag as well as the ease of getting there with largest aftermarket support next to the Chevy SBC engine.

Have fun with your next purchase just to find out 1 year later it is no longer the bike to own....

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2015, 03:57:47 PM »

Did you ride a Hayabusa back in 99? No you didn't. The closest competition for all around fun was maybe the Honda Blackbird and Kawasaki ZX11.

You expect a Hayabusa to still be the best of the best? It was built for speed not for cornering, not for touring, not for stunting.....although with the right rider does all of this pretty good considering. Do you forget this bike dominated for nearly 8 years before Kawi came out with the ZX14? Gen I is 8 years old, Gen II is now 7 years old itself. What do you expect?

Where the Hayabusa excels and will still excel is in the opportunity to make it nearly the absolute best at everything within a somewhat reasonable price tag as well as the ease of getting there with largest aftermarket support next to the Chevy SBC engine.

Have fun with your next purchase just to find out 1 year later it is no longer the bike to own....

Couldn't have said it any better myself bro. :tu:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
Let the man make his own decision, for goodness sakes, mens!!!!!! 

A KTM Duke 1290 will never crack 200.  A warmed over Busa will.  That is what I am talkin' about. 

Never the less, let's just leave him alone.  We have talked about this way to long anyways.  8)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:07:15 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
Change of plans guys, I cant keep this bike. In stock form the Haybusa is Lame and nothing but hype.
I shouldn't have to spend a bunch of money to get some performance out of a so called "Legend"

Ride safe
I don't think I'd say "Lame" but it depends on what you compare it to, I think most of us would have to agree that when you compare the Busa, a Kaw 14, Super duke, and whatever else, on a dragstrip it really is going to depend on the rider, now on the Dragon I'm sure the Duke would be out front, personaly I think the Superduke  is overpriced, and I don't care for the look
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
I just got back from riding his Super Duke again, I'm not real fond of the riding position to be honest.
I prefer to sit more "in" the bike, and have more bike in front of me. With the S D you sit up high like on a dirt bike.
The motor is really amazing, but I have to agree that it is overpriced. This ride made me appreciate my Busa.
I was a bit harsh saying the Busa is lame.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:44:59 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2015, 07:16:41 PM »
I just got back from riding his Super Duke again, I'm not real fond of the riding position to be honest.
I prefer to sit more "in" the bike, and have more bike in front of me. With the S D you sit up high like on a dirt bike.
The motor is really amazing, but I have to agree that it is overpriced. This ride made me appreciate my Busa.

You are the most ambivalent person I have ever heard on this site...............I'll just bet when ya take that first dump in the mornin' it takes ya 5 minutes to

decide which hand to wipe yer arse with......................take the bus..........it is safer.   :ohman:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2015, 07:42:52 PM »

You are the most ambivalent person I have ever heard on this site...............I'll just bet when ya take that first dump in the mornin' it takes ya 5 minutes to

decide which hand to wipe yer arse with......................take the bus..........it is safer.   :ohman:

And speaking of taking a dump... I go like clockwork every morning at 6:00 am, but the problem is I don't get up until 7:00 am !!  :sh:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2015, 08:37:10 PM »

And speaking of taking a dump... I go like clockwork every morning at 6:00 am, but the problem is I don't get up until 7:00 am !!  :sh:

:hys:  :thumb: