Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 76766 times)

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2015, 05:25:51 AM »
I just got back from riding his Super Duke again, I'm not real fond of the riding position to be honest.
I prefer to sit more "in" the bike, and have more bike in front of me. With the S D you sit up high like on a dirt bike.
The motor is really amazing, but I have to agree that it is overpriced. This ride made me appreciate my Busa.
I was a bit harsh saying the Busa is lame.

You are the most ambivalent person I have ever heard on this site...............I'll just bet when ya take that first dump in the mornin' it takes ya 5 minutes to

decide which hand to wipe yer arse with......................take the bus..........it is safer.   :ohman:
Ive been waiting 6yrs to use the word ambivalent on a forum,and you beat me to it. Now I shall be forced to wait again. Bastard.
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2015, 07:30:22 AM »
 :hys:  :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2015, 11:09:48 AM »
I just got back from riding his Super Duke again, I'm not real fond of the riding position to be honest.
I prefer to sit more "in" the bike, and have more bike in front of me. With the S D you sit up high like on a dirt bike.
The motor is really amazing, but I have to agree that it is overpriced. This ride made me appreciate my Busa.

You are the most ambivalent person I have ever heard on this site...............I'll just bet when ya take that first dump in the mornin' it takes ya 5 minutes to

decide which hand to wipe yer arse with......................take the bus..........it is safer.   :ohman:

And speaking of taking a dump... I go like clockwork every morning at 6:00 am, but the problem is I don't get up until 7:00 am !!  :sh:
No wonder he's called nasty :eek:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »

Ive been waiting 6yrs to use the word ambivalent on a forum,and you beat me to it. Now I shall be forced to wait again. Bastard.

English was my Major in college and History was my minor.  I have a word for ya to use pal "insipid".  Work that in somewhere.   :tu:  :mrgreen:

P.S. "Gregarious" is a close second  8).

P.P.S. Mother and Dad were married on April 4th 1942 and dad went off to fight the Germans, came back a Major, I was born in 48.  Ain't no bastard.  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:24:13 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2015, 05:11:22 PM »
Your advice and efforts have not been in vain gentlemen, I'm keeping my Beautiful Black & Orange Beast.
I'm going to spend the coin and make her a Monster.  :tu: 

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »
Your advice and efforts have not been in vain gentlemen, I'm keeping my Beautiful Black & Orange Beast.

If you REALLY mean that.............promise to post pics and list mods. 

I have already given my word to this board that when my little project is done on this '14 Busa, there will be dyno charts before and after, and the best of 3 time slips at the racetrack, with a pic of Old Me and Young Rodney with the bike as it ran the 1/4 mile. 

You don't have to do all that, but a few pics and a list of mods would suffice.  Now go straighten up your room and make the bed, ya lazy fugger.  :hys:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2015, 07:10:30 PM »

If you REALLY mean that.............promise to post pics and list mods. 

I have already given my word to this board that when my little project is done on this '14 Busa, there will be dyno charts before and after, and the best of 3 time slips at the racetrack, with a pic of Old Me and Young Rodney with the bike as it ran the 1/4 mile. 

You don't have to do all that, but a few pics and a list of mods would suffice.  Now go straighten up your room and make the bed, ya lazy fugger.  :hys:

I mean it, how do I post pics on this forum?

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2015, 07:26:08 PM »
ADMIN  or Whomever,

Help this man out, please.

Thanks,
                   Davey

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »
I figured it out. Taking a break during a recent ride...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:01:56 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2015, 07:42:55 PM »
From another recent ride...

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2015, 11:53:11 AM »
OK Ghost-Geezer...

I have a 17 tooth front sprocket, Speedo Healer, HeliBars and new grips on the way. Those should be some nice upgrades.
Brock Davidson told me my ECU would have to be flashed back to stock for his systems to work, so I might leave it stock.

* I also just ordered the Yoshi Fender Eliminator Kit and Rear Spools. Oh Yeah !!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:42:56 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2015, 06:09:59 PM »
OK Ghost-Geezer...

I have a 17 tooth front sprocket, Speedo Healer, HeliBars and new grips on the way. Those should be some nice upgrades.
Brock Davidson told me my ECU would have to be flashed back to stock for his systems to work, so I might leave it stock.

Dump the stock pipes and get a stainless or ti race system...........bike will lose almost 40 lbs............Brocks Performance sells a package that comes with the pipe and a PCV Power Commander tuned for that pipe, your year bike and 89 octane (non-ethanol)..........worth about 10-12 RWHP in many cases and your bike will be almost 40 lbs lighter.  No, I do not work for Brocks.............I just run his shit and love it. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »
OK Ghost-Geezer...

Dump the stock pipes and get a stainless or ti race system...........bike will lose almost 40 lbs............Brocks Performance sells a package that comes with the pipe and a PCV Power Commander tuned for that pipe, your year bike and 89 octane (non-ethanol)..........worth about 10-12 RWHP in many cases and your bike will be almost 40 lbs lighter.  No, I do not work for Brocks.............I just run his shit and love it.

Brock Davidson told me (email) my ECU would have to flashed back to stock for his systems to work properly.
I'm not going mess around with sending my ECU off again to put it back to factory settings.

This is from the guy that flashed my ECU:

"As for what Brock said, I have no idea. I don't install or tune any of his products. I will say though that the only thing that has changed in your ecu is the ignition map. None of the fueling maps have been changed. So it does not make a bit of sense to me as to why he would say that."

Brock's can shove it, I'll be going with a different company.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:16:07 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:30 PM »
I don't see where a standard ECU flash(turn off top speed restriction and pair valve,raise rpm limit by 500,etc.,etc.,etc.)would have anything to do with it as long as the guy didn't try to fool with fueling maps,etc.(which is what Brock would be concerned about since his systems are pretty spot on with his maps loaded into his PCV's).Go to any drag strip and if they aren't running a sidewinder probably 90% of the racers are running a Brocks exhaust,best bang for the buck. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2015, 08:53:48 PM »
I don't see where a standard ECU flash(turn off top speed restriction and pair valve,raise rpm limit by 500,etc.,etc.,etc.)would have anything to do with it as long as the guy didn't try to fool with fueling maps,etc.(which is what Brock would be concerned about since his systems are pretty spot on with his maps loaded into his PCV's).Go to any drag strip and if they aren't running a sidewinder probably 90% of the racers are running a Brocks exhaust,best bang for the buck. :thumb:

It sounds to me like Brock doesn't know what he is talking about.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure he does,he's been at this stuff a long time but with all the knuckleheads out there trying to flash and fool with everybody's ECU's(I hear it's even all over Facebook now  :hys:)I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see anybody installing his stuff on a bike where somebody may(or may not)have messed a fueling map up and then blame his exhaust system when the bike runs like shit.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure he does,he's been at this stuff a long time but with all the knuckleheads out there trying to flash and fool with everybody's ECU's(I hear it's even all over Facebook now  :hys:)I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see anybody installing his stuff on a bike where somebody may(or may not)have messed a fueling map up and then blame his exhaust system when the bike runs like shit.

His stuff is way overpriced anyway.  :eek:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2015, 10:19:14 PM »
 $1095 for a full system that out produces most everything out there is about as good as it gets.Took me awhile,but I think you just like to disagree with people and keep the pot stirred. :lol:

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
$1095 for a full system that out produces most everything out there is about as good as it gets.Took me awhile,but I think you just like to disagree with people and keep the pot stirred. :lol:

I didn't see any full systems that reasonable on their website. Me stir the pot?? Never !!  :wink:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2015, 06:08:59 AM »

I never drank the Brock Kool-Aid,I always use Akrapovic exhausts. The quality is top notch,they produce some of the best midrange/top end for a street pipe and not that it matters,but many of the bike manufacturers use Akrapovic on their race bikes like Yamaha on their Moto GP bikes,Team Kawasaki on their Superbikes,Team Honda,etc. What does this have to do with a street bike pipe? Not much,but if billion dollar companies trust Akra quality you can too.

Besides,like you said Brock's prices are ridiculous. Who the hell pays $369 for a PCV? I bought mine brand new for $210 shipped with a baseline map installed. This is the main reason I wont buy most of his products,and definitely wont buy his pipe which is made by Hindle.

Bottom line is,it's your money buy what makes you happy. But there are other exhaust that are equal/and or better than Brocks/Hindle. Just do some research :tu:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2015, 07:04:26 AM »

I never drank the Brock Kool-Aid,I always use Akrapovic exhausts. The quality is top notch,they produce some of the best midrange/top end for a street pipe and not that it matters,but many of the bike manufacturers use Akrapovic on their race bikes like Yamaha on their Moto GP bikes,Team Kawasaki on their Superbikes,Team Honda,etc. What does this have to do with a street bike pipe? Not much,but if billion dollar companies trust Akra quality you can too.

Besides,like you said Brock's prices are ridiculous. Who the hell pays $369 for a PCV? I bought mine brand new for $210 shipped with a baseline map installed. This is the main reason I wont buy most of his products,and definitely wont buy his pipe which is made by Hindle.

Bottom line is,it's your money buy what makes you happy. But there are other exhaust that are equal/and or better than Brocks/Hindle. Just do some research :tu:

Thanks, I hate Kool-Aid. I'm thinking Akra or Yoshi.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2015, 10:29:44 AM »
Then by all means get an Akrapovic and a PCV and have the sucker Dyno-Mapped/tuned.  You will be amazed at the difference.  Just dump those stock pipes and get a tune.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »
Then by all means get an Akrapovic and a PCV and have the sucker Dyno-Mapped/tuned.  You will be amazed at the difference.  Just dump those stock pipes and get a tune.
At this point any decent exhaust would be better than stock as long as you get rid of the heavy cat/mufflers...(even the shitty Coffman "exhaust") from the thread on the other forum....I kid I kid.  :vl:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
At this point any decent exhaust would be better than stock as long as you get rid of the heavy cat/mufflers...(even the shitty Coffman "exhaust") from the thread on the other forum....I kid I kid.  :vl:

Get that fuggin' "'15 John  Deere L-someshit tractor" off your signature.  We do not work on tractors on this website, we just work on each other verbally.   :hys:

"Step UP or Step Aside"