Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 76759 times)

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »
My momma always told me: You can judge a man by his tractor and his tool inventory......By the way,ave you driven a Deere lately? I have more seat time on that tractor than I get on the bike(s) each week. 2hrs to cut 2acres :mrgreen:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #151 on: June 15, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »
I only have a self-propelled walk behind...............my wife cuts the grass............she thinks it is healthy...........breathing in all that shit............I just got her two surgical masks and she sez she will use them.  I keep the lawnmower sharpened and do not run ethanol thru it.  She cuts.  We havle a bit less than an acre and 1/2 of it is woods.  Takes her about 1 hour and 15 minutes.   :hys:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »
My dad told me two things.............."you can tell a lot about a man by the way he keeps all his stuff".............."the other thing was you can tell a rich man by the number of keys he carries."

That's that.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2015, 05:54:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure he does,he's been at this stuff a long time but with all the knuckleheads out there trying to flash and fool with everybody's ECU's(I hear it's even all over Facebook now  :hys:)I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see anybody installing his stuff on a bike where somebody may(or may not)have messed a fueling map up and then blame his exhaust system when the bike runs like shit.

His stuff is way overpriced anyway.  :eek:
I never drank the Brock Kool-Aid,I always use Akrapovic exhausts. The quality is top notch,they produce some of the best midrange/top end for a street pipe and not that it matters,but many of the bike manufacturers use Akrapovic on their race bikes like Yamaha on their Moto GP bikes,Team Kawasaki on their Superbikes,Team Honda,etc. What does this have to do with a street bike pipe? Not much,but if billion dollar companies trust Akra quality you can too.

Besides,like you said Brock's prices are ridiculous. Who the hell pays $369 for a PCV? I bought mine brand new for $210 shipped with a baseline map installed. This is the main reason I wont buy most of his products,and definitely wont buy his pipe which is made by Hindle.

Bottom line is,it's your money buy what makes you happy. But there are other exhaust that are equal/and or better than Brocks/Hindle. Just do some research :tu:

Thanks, I hate Kool-Aid. I'm thinking Akra or Yoshi.

I'm out,good luck with whatever you eventually choose...IF you ever choose. :hys:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure he does,he's been at this stuff a long time but with all the knuckleheads out there trying to flash and fool with everybody's ECU's(I hear it's even all over Facebook now  :hys:)I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see anybody installing his stuff on a bike where somebody may(or may not)have messed a fueling map up and then blame his exhaust system when the bike runs like shit.

I never drank the Brock Kool-Aid,I always use Akrapovic exhausts. The quality is top notch,they produce some of the best midrange/top end for a street pipe and not that it matters,but many of the bike manufacturers use Akrapovic on their race bikes like Yamaha on their Moto GP bikes,Team Kawasaki on their Superbikes,Team Honda,etc. What does this have to do with a street bike pipe? Not much,but if billion dollar companies trust Akra quality you can too.

Besides,like you said Brock's prices are ridiculous. Who the hell pays $369 for a PCV? I bought mine brand new for $210 shipped with a baseline map installed. This is the main reason I wont buy most of his products,and definitely wont buy his pipe which is made by Hindle.

Bottom line is,it's your money buy what makes you happy. But there are other exhaust that are equal/and or better than Brocks/Hindle. Just do some research :tu:

I'm out,good luck with whatever you eventually choose...IF you ever choose. :hys:

I'll choose, but it will not be Brock's.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »

A PCV for $210 is the deal of the week for sure bro,I see them on Amazon for $280 up.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dynojet-power-commander-v
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:25:30 PM by piratediverjefff »
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2015, 06:21:39 PM »

I'll choose, but it will not be Brock's.

Good for you.

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2015, 02:24:18 AM »
That is an incredible motorcycle.............light as a feather, torque out the anus, RWHP is enormous, and it will turn and it will burn.  You will love it.   :tu: :bike:

Yep, the power is amazing!! From 0 to 130 his Super Duke leaves my Busa in the dust. I was absolutely shocked.
The Busa will just always weigh too much.

The Gen II Busa is almost half a second quicker than a Super Duke in the 1/4. If you get left in the dust, the problem is probably the person you see in the mirror.

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2015, 05:11:07 AM »

A PCV for $210 is the deal of the week for sure bro,I see them on Amazon for $280 up.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dynojet-power-commander-v
www.motomummy.com is where I get all my stuff,they have really good blowouts every now&then. I got my Akrapovic full system for $900 shipped from them as well....
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2015, 06:45:42 AM »
Thanks turbo051k.

I received an email from Mr. Davidson telling me that my ECU was now a mess because of the flash.  :hys:
He said it would need to be reflashed back to factory settings for one of his systems to work properly.  :hys:

My Busa runs great since having the ECU Flashed.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:59:47 AM by BadNasty08 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
Oh, Lord..............I'm out.  See ya 'round the campus, kid.   :gu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
I was told this...

If Brock's tunes are that on the edge that you can't run any more timing, you probably shouldn't get it. Even with the stock ecu, you'll still be using the same map once in gears 5-6.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
 :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2015, 03:41:31 PM »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »

You do not know enough to even weigh in on a comment on Brock's shit.  Your opinion is just that, your opinion...........you hear shit and puke it back up just like my dog eats the

cat puke and pukes that back up.  Henceforth from this day, you will be known as Bad-Nasty-Smell.  It fits.  Now I am really outta here.   :tool:

Tell me truthfully, how long have you been riding a Busa?   I have had 4, two of which were turbocharged and there are a lot of folks on this site that will support that statement. 

I owned and rode a 2001 Busa with a GT35R turbo that made 523 RWHP at 29 lbs of boost on 110 race gas.  Same bike made 374 on low boost (16 lbs) on pump gas.

2nd turbo was a 2006 with 440 RWHP.   And you offend me with all your inane gibberish as to what is a good and what is not a good exhaust system.  You don't know shit, IMO.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:52:06 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »

You do not know enough to even weigh in on a comment on Brock's shit.  Your opinion is just that, your opinion...........you hear shit and puke it back up just like my dog eats the

cat puke and pukes that back up.  Henceforth from this day, you will be known as Bad-Nasty-Smell.  It fits.  Now I am really outta here.   :tool:

Tell me truthfully, how long have you been riding a Busa?   I have had 4, two of which were turbocharged and there are a lot of folks on this site that will support that statement. 

I owned and rode a 2001 Busa with a GT35R turbo that made 523 RWHP at 29 lbs of boost on 110 race gas.  Same bike made 374 on low boost (16 lbs) on pump gas.

2nd turbo was a 2006 with 440 RWHP.   And you offend me with all your inane gibberish as to what is a good and what is not a good exhaust system.  You don't know shit, IMO.

You are all riled up just because I don't like the way it looks??!! LMAO !!!!
Stop bragging about how much money you've wasted and go change your depends !!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:32:06 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »
Oh, my error, I thought we were talking "PERFORMANCE".........by all means, get the best lookin' exhaust out there. 

BTW I have NO MONEY.......................................................'cept a small pension................................However, my wife is loaded.  :wink:

OH SHIT, I'm sorry for "speaking down" to you...............I lost at poker today.  :(

Twice a month Jose ALWAYS suckers me into a 50 buck game of "Omaha" and I get him down to his last few bucks and he springs back - messes with my mind and wallet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:41:41 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
Oh, my error, I thought we were talking "PERFORMANCE".........by all means, get the best lookin' exhaust out there. 

BTW I have NO MONEY.......................................................'cept a small pension................................However, my wife is loaded.  :wink:

OH SHIT, I'm sorry for "speaking down" to you...............I lost at poker today.  :(

I wish I had a Sugar Momma.   :(

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2015, 07:45:08 PM »
"I hafta ask her nicely"............right time, right food, right wine for her, right atmosphere..................she has yet to deny me any reasonable request. Then again, when I had the bucks, I would always shed her more than she asked for.  She deserved it, puttin' up with all my hippie/biker ways.   :)

Hell, man............in 1979 when I met her, I had a 79 Harley Low Rider stroked to 91" from 80".  Carried a snubby 6-shot Smith in my left boot.  Thought I was a badass.  She seemed to like that a bit.  Incredible sex.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:48:52 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »
"I hafta ask her nicely"............right time, right food, right wine for her, right atmosphere..................she has yet to deny me any reasonable request. Then again, when I had the bucks, I would always shed her more than she asked for.  She deserved it, puttin' up with all my hippie/biker ways.   :)

Hell, man............in 1979 when I met her, I had a 79 Harley Low Rider stroked to 91" from 80".  Carried a snubby 6-shot Smith in my left boot.  Thought I was a badass.  She seemed to like that a bit.  Incredible sex.   :thumb:

Nice. I apologize for "giving you the business."  Ride safe my friend.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »

You must be a lefty,I always had a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special(bobbed hammer and barrel shortened to just over an inch with some Pachmayrs)in my right boot. :lol:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »

You must be a lefty,I always had a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special(bobbed hammer and barrel shortened to just over an inch with some Pachmayrs)in my right boot. :lol:

:hys:  Yes, I am left-handed.  I wuz a "concrete cowboy".  9-5 in DC on Capitol Hill Mon-Fri, and "biker/hippie" on Sat-Sun.  :wink:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »

Drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket. It will wake up your bike BIG time and is dirt cheap!!

Busa's are so over geared from the factory that 1 down in the front makes a huge difference without the bike actually being geared too low in any way shape or form.
Good highway cruising and top speed too!  8)

You are 100% Correct SEJ !! She pulls way harder in every gear, and just "feels right" now.
Thanks for the advice.

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »

Drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket. It will wake up your bike BIG time and is dirt cheap!!

Busa's are so over geared from the factory that 1 down in the front makes a huge difference without the bike actually being geared too low in any way shape or form.
Good highway cruising and top speed too!  8)

You are 100% Correct SEJ !! She pulls way harder in every gear, and just "feels right" now.
Thanks for the advice.
:thumb: My pleasure...now take it easy and get some seat time on the beast. And when you beat your son's Duke, do it by the smallest of margins and don't embarrass him...after all he did the work for you.  :wink:
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000