Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 76844 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »

[/quote]

Ti_Force Sumo is all Titanium and made 4 more hp then the Brocks pipe I had on the bike before ,  and the 1441 motor loves it !!!
[/quote]

I was only going by the price listed for the stainless system I saw on-line.  Sorry if I made an error.

"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »
I neglected to mention that Brock's does not charge you a dime to change to a different map if you buy their kit with the Power Commander and Pipe.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 09:25:23 PM »
He's a good ol' boy,just 8 days older'n dirt. :lol:

Not true................7 days older is all.  :hys:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 10:07:01 PM »
 :hys:  :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 10:35:14 PM »
The CT is the big money(for rich guys like old Ghost-Geezer :lol:),and both the Alien Head and Short Meg run about $1,100 each.I chose the Short Meg over the Alien Head(same exact hp)just because the Short Meg has a removable baffle(1 set screw)whereas the Alien Head doesn't(just for occasionally pissin' off the neighbors when I'm in the mood :lol:).
Oh goodie I like the pissin off the neighbors part, can I help :lol:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
Brock's looks like the way to go to me.  :tu:

Folks on this site that know me will tell you I DO NOT compromise on stuff like this.  I have had three Busas before my 2014 and two were turboed.  I am always willing to go the extra mile, however, having said that, my current goal for this bike is 204 RWHP and 115 ft lbs on pump gas with a CNC port job and a slight compression raise with Web street cams. At the tender age of 67 (today is my birthday), my turbo days are behind me. (I did wreck one)  :wink:
Dam, hey Jeff did you see this..67.. we will have to get him a gold plated key to the executive washroom..........seriously uncle Dave, that's a accomplishment after all the crappola you have been through............Hey I road a V-Rod muscle today for a Harley it runs strong, but like all Harleys it tended to flatten out way to soon
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 05:48:21 AM »
 :lol:  Hope I'm as spry as that old dude in another 5 years,have to represent for the AARP crowd. :lol: :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 07:31:54 AM »
:lol:  Hope I'm as spry as that old dude in another 5 years,have to represent for the AARP crowd. :lol: :thumb:
Hell I feel like crap most of the time now, in 5-6 years who knows, may need a turbo wheel chair

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:28 AM »
Me too buddy. :lol: Did you see the dyno sheet?About 198 SAE rwhp and 117 torque,bike idles and runs much smoother now,even has a different sound.Pretty stoked,tuner said it's the most he's ever seen out of a stock motored Busa. :thumb:(and that was on Shell 89,throw some MR12 in that bitch and would make about 205 :lol:)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:31:31 AM by piratediverjefff »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
Me too buddy. :lol: Did you see the dyno sheet?About 198 SAE rwhp and 117 torque,bike idles and runs much smoother now,even has a different sound.Pretty stoked,tuner said it's the most he's ever seen out of a stock motored Busa. :thumb:(and that was on Shell 89,throw some MR12 in that bitch and would make about 205 :lol:)

Those are the highest numbers I have ever seen on a stock motor, no kiddin' pal.  You should be proud.

Davey 

Rodney Williford is known for having a "stingy" dyno.  I am shakin' in my boots as to what it makes now and what it will make when he is done....................the good news is that he guarantees me +20 RWHP on pump gas or the headwork is FREE.  That is a Bold Statement, in my book.
That is why he is gettin' my bike.............that and his record for doing the best work in North Carolina on a Busa.  Any man who can build a bike that turns a 6.90 at 204 on race gas without wheelie bars must know a thing or two, ya know?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:00:30 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys, but I have decided not to sink any more money into the Busa because I will probably be selling it.
I rode my sons 2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R and I am gonna have to have one, it's an amazing bad ass bike.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:47:09 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »
That is an incredible motorcycle.............light as a feather, torque out the anus, RWHP is enormous, and it will turn and it will burn.  You will love it.   :tu: :bike:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »
That is an incredible motorcycle.............light as a feather, torque out the anus, RWHP is enormous, and it will turn and it will burn.  You will love it.   :tu: :bike:

Yep, the power is amazing!! From 0 to 130 his Super Duke leaves my Busa in the dust. I was absolutely shocked.
The Busa will just always weigh too much.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:08:01 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »
The guy who tuned my bike Friday just bought a 2015 Super Duke 1290,power wheelies in 4th gear(104 torque and has a really high center of gravity so wheelies come easily). :lol:Not my cup of tea but would be a fun bike to rip around on and disturb some peace,kinda like a giant Motard bike.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2015, 07:39:19 PM »
The guy who tuned my bike Friday just bought a 2015 Super Duke 1290,power wheelies in 4th gear(104 torque and has a really high center of gravity so wheelies come easily). :lol:Not my cup of tea but would be a fun bike to rip around on and disturb some peace,kinda like a giant Motard bike.

My son's has Traction Control & Wheelie Control, I would think his would too.

If I do keep my Busa, I'm gonna have to up my game to keep up with him. I know the Brock's will drop about 40 pounds,
what can I do to drop more weight without breaking the bank?

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »
Lithium Ion battery weighs only 1 and 1/2 lbs and has 90 more cold cranking amps.  Nothing else except carbon fiber rims..............4 grand a pop for BSTs.  :shock:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:06:22 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:55 PM »
Lithium Ion battery weighs only 1 and 1/2 lbs and has 90 more cold cranking amps.  Nothing else except carbon fiber rims..............4 grand a pop for BSTs.  :shock:

Which one do you recommend? What does the normal stock battery weigh?
I will probably keep my Busa, it's the bike I've always wanted, but man that Super Duke is cool.  8)
My son said he will let me ride his once in a while.  :)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 08:57:09 PM »
I just let the dealer put one in for me.  Cost was 158.00 before tax.  No labor.  Stock battery weighs about 8 lbs.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 09:00:46 PM »
Just close up that pie hole and cut down on the triple cheeseburgers old man. :lol:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »

Which one do you recommend? What does the normal stock battery weigh?
I will probably keep my Busa, it's the bike I've always wanted, but man that Super Duke is cool.  8)
My son said he will let me ride his once in a while.  :)

:tu:

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »
Just close up that pie hole and cut down on the triple cheeseburgers old man. :lol:

Hey, I'm in pretty good shape for a 53 3/4 year old powerlifter !!  :wink:  :lol:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 06:14:42 AM »
 :lol:  :thumb:

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »

My son's has Traction Control & Wheelie Control, I would think his would too.

If I do keep my Busa, I'm gonna have to up my game to keep up with him. I know the Brock's will drop about 40 pounds,
what can I do to drop more weight without breaking the bank?

Drop 1 tooth on the front sprocket. It will wake up your bike BIG time and is dirt cheap!!
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2015, 09:32:40 PM »
Holy Gearteeth, Batman!!!!!  One tooth out of an 18 toother is a 5.5% change to LOWER gearing in all gears...............that is like ADDING  2.4 rear sprocket

teeth.  Seems like that is a lot for the first change................then again, I learned a long time ago on bikes, that if you are going to make

a change, don't take baby steps................MAKE A CHANGE!!!   :wink:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:35:22 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2015, 06:38:18 AM »
Busa's are so over geared from the factory that 1 down in the front makes a huge difference without the bike actually being geared too low in any way shape or form.
Good highway cruising and top speed too!  8)
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000