Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Exhaust Question  (Read 76484 times)

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Exhaust Question
« on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:45 PM »
Which 4 into 1 exhaust is the best bang for the buck?
My Busa is a stock Orange & Black 2008 with only 4,700 miles, that I picked up about a month ago.
She's an amazing bike, but I might as well make her better.  :twisted:

Thanks for any advice.

Offline Red

• Post Master
    • http://www.revival.tv
Re: Exhaust Question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 08:27:03 PM »
You might want to add a tune to go with that exhaust .  .  .
1999 Prostar West Super Gas Champion !
2000 NMRA / Prostar Pro E/T runner up.
2001, 2002, & 2003 NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2004 #3, 2005, & 2006 NMRA Pro E/T runner up.
2007 Pro. St. Legal #6, NMRA Pro E/T Champion !
2008 MDRA Super Streetbike Champion !

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:40:50 PM »
Brock.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:12:01 PM »
Brock.

I agree, Brock sells a complete exhaust system with a pre-mapped PCV for 89 octane pump.  You have a choice of 3 maps, street, street/strip or strip only.
I got the PCV with the street map for 89 octane pump with my full titanium system from Brock and I am extremely satisfied with it.  Stock exhaust weighs right around 47-48 lbs.................Brock's Titanium system/single titanium can weighs in at 8.5 lbs.  BIG weight savings as well.

Ask for Steve in Sales/Tech.......or just dial Brock's Performance and follow the prompts and dial his extension - 105.  Tell him Dave H. sent you.

No, I do not work for Brock's but I got my BST Carbon Rims from them as well.   
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:15:42 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »
I'd have to go with Brocks also,love my Short Meg. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:46:26 PM »
Brock.

I agree, Brock sells a complete exhaust system with a pre-mapped PCV for 89 octane pump.  You have a choice of 3 maps, street, street/strip or strip only.
I got the PCV with the street map for 89 octane pump with my full titanium system from Brock and I am extremely satisfied with it.  Stock exhaust weighs right around 47-48 lbs.................Brock's Titanium system/single titanium can weighs in at 8.5 lbs.  BIG weight savings as well.

Ask for Steve in Sales/Tech.......or just dial Brock's Performance and follow the prompts and dial his extension - 105.  Tell him Dave H. sent you.

No, I do not work for Brock's but I got my BST Carbon Rims from them as well.   

Thanks, It sounds like Brock's is the way to go. How much coin are we talking for this setup?
What's better, Alien or CT ?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:07:59 PM by BadNasty08 »

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 06:17:33 AM »
The CT is the big money(for rich guys like old Ghost-Geezer :lol:),and both the Alien Head and Short Meg run about $1,100 each.I chose the Short Meg over the Alien Head(same exact hp)just because the Short Meg has a removable baffle(1 set screw)whereas the Alien Head doesn't(just for occasionally pissin' off the neighbors when I'm in the mood :lol:).
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 06:51:47 AM »
My total cost for the Titanium race pipe and pre-mapped Dynojet PCV was around 1850 - shipped to my door.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 08:49:17 AM »
My total cost for the Titanium race pipe and pre-mapped Dynojet PCV was around 1850 - shipped to my door.

So it shaves about 40 pounds off the bike, which is huge, but what is the horsepower gain?
Thanks

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 08:54:53 AM »
Probably somewhere in the 12 hp range,give or take 1.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 09:18:09 AM »
I would think 40 less pounds and 12 more ponies would really wake things up !!  :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »
Yeah it does,along with flashing your ECU to remove the top speed restriction,raise the rpm limit another 500,etc. :thumb:

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 10:06:09 AM »
Yeah it does,along with flashing your ECU to remove the top speed restriction,raise the rpm limit another 500,etc. :thumb:

I already had Boosted Cycle Performance do that !!  :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 10:12:54 AM »
 :thumb:

Had mine dyno'd yesterday(up about 10 hp from when I dropped it off),new tires,etc. and pick it up today around noon. :thumb:

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 11:22:04 AM »
:thumb:

Had mine dyno'd yesterday(up about 10 hp from when I dropped it off),new tires,etc. and pick it up today around noon. :thumb:

Sweet, give us the lowdown when you get a chance.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »
Will do bro. :thumb:

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »
Ti-Force. They have gone out of business due to the tsunami but Orient Express still has some pipes.
They are beautifully made, the welds are art quality probably the best bang for the buck in a street legal pipe IMHO.
Worth about 12 hp on my bike after tuning plus weight lose.
http://www.orientexpress.com/p-19518-tiforce-stainless-steel-exhaust.aspx
http://www.orientexpress.com/images/catalog/TIF1308Dyno1v16.jpg
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »
Ti-Force. They have gone out of business due to the tsunami but Orient Express still has some pipes.
They are beautifully made, the welds are art quality probably the best bang for the buck in a street legal pipe IMHO.
Worth about 12 hp on my bike after tuning plus weight lose.
http://www.orientexpress.com/p-19518-tiforce-stainless-steel-exhaust.aspx
http://www.orientexpress.com/images/catalog/TIF1308Dyno1v16.jpg

I have A Ti-Force Sumo on my bike (gen 1) Best pipe out there  , You can still pick one up for a gen 2 at Orient Express , at least they had some a few months ago :) Brocks pipes are Made by Hindle

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »

So it shaves about 40 pounds off the bike, which is huge, but what is the horsepower gain?
Thanks

On average, 12-14 at the Rear Wheel. 

The Ti-force stainless steel system is $1,075 and if you add $370 for a PCV Power Commander you are up to $1,445 and you still will have to dyno tune/map the bike........another $300, which gets you to a total of $1,745.  You just spent about 100 bucks less than the full titanium race pipe from Brock's with a PCV matched to your year bike with Brock's map in it, and their street map is tuned for 89 pump gas.  If you decide to change maps, they will provide/download their street/strip map or their strip map.  I chose the street 'cuz that is all I do.  Just install and go.  Mucho less hassle and titanium is lighter than stainless. Just my 2 cents.  :tu:

Davey

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:46:15 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 07:44:36 PM »
Brock's looks like the way to go to me.  :tu:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 07:52:17 PM »

Folks on this site that know me will tell you I DO NOT compromise on stuff like this.  I have had three Busas before my 2014 and two were turboed.  I am always willing to go the extra mile, however, having said that, my current goal for this bike is 204 RWHP and 115 ft lbs on pump gas with a CNC port job and a slight compression raise with Web street cams. At the tender age of 67 (today is my birthday), my turbo days are behind me. (I did wreck one)  :wink: 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »
Well hell,Happy Birthday older dude! :thumb:

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »

Folks on this site that know me will tell you I DO NOT compromise on stuff like this.  I have had three Busas before my 2014 and two were turboed.  I am always willing to go the extra mile, however, having said that, my current goal for this bike is 204 RWHP and 115 ft lbs on pump gas with a CNC port job and a slight compression raise with Web street cams. At the tender age of 67 (today is my birthday), my turbo days are behind me. (I did wreck one)  :wink:

Well Happy Birthday Brother !!  :beechug:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 08:42:30 PM »
He's a good ol' boy,just 8 days older'n dirt. :lol:

Offline clearblue

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 08:55:54 PM »

Thanks

On average, 12-14 at the Rear Wheel. 

The Ti-force stainless steel system is $1,075 and if you add $370 for a PCV Power Commander you are up to $1,445 and you still will have to dyno tune/map the bike........another $300, which gets you to a total of $1,745.  You just spent about 100 bucks less than the full titanium race pipe from Brock's with a PCV matched to your year bike with Brock's map in it, and their street map is tuned for 89 pump gas.  If you decide to change maps, they will provide/download their street/strip map or their strip map.  I chose the street 'cuz that is all I do.  Just install and go.  Mucho less hassle and titanium is lighter than stainless. Just my 2 cents.  :tu:

Davey

Ti_Force Sumo is all Titanium and made 4 more hp then the Brocks pipe I had on the bike before ,  and the 1441 motor loves it !!!