Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Delay boxes, options and opinions  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Burdog

• Rider
Delay boxes, options and opinions
« on: May 24, 2015, 01:50:40 PM »
I'm gonna throw a delay box on my bike, but looking for something small that doesn't need to be mounted in the riders view.

I want to keep the stock look, so I'm thinking I could fit the box where the battery/ECU would go and keep my carbon seat on with quick pins to set it up and put numbers in for crosstalk.

Mounting aside, I need SH.org members to tell me about their experiences with delay boxes; as of right now I'm looking at Digital Delay and Dedenbear.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. Feel it.

Offline MICHAEL MATHEWS

• Rider
Re: Delay boxes, options and opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
Dedenbear builds the most reliable delay boxes available.Almost military style.My last three have been Biondo boxes but I doubt you would use any of their features.I would recommend against mouting  it out of site for quite a few reasons.

Offline TRACK MASTER

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:55:01 PM »
Im bit hesitant even talk about them because some guys get all crazy when there mentioned.
I just went 2 Harrisburg IL racetrack 1st time ever been there last night pulled win.
non delay box bikes can win bracket races as well my buddy busted a .000 rt in time runs.
However in long run delay box bike prob going win more.My opinion 4 what little its worth if u go 2 bracket race that allows them and most do without 1 your going 2 a gun fight with a knife. Be honest u want hide it don't u ? :hys:

Look im 55 years old overweight 300lbs have arthritis in couple fingers
I feel im lethal threat any bracket race I go does take time get used 2 them.
I look @ it this way what can u do faster take hand of a lever or pull thumb off button?

I had .013 in final my buddy that busted the triple goose eggs in practice had -.004 we split the $
He knows im utilizing delay box because he installed it 4 me he understood go after that light hard anything over a .050 im going prob beat them
Im releasing the big button on top yellow
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:59:55 PM by TRACK MASTER »
WILD BILL FROM EVANSVILLE
NEVER WORKED AND NEVER WILL.
5 time track champ 31 years dragracing exp.

INDY BORN INDY BRED WHEN I DIE I
WILL BE INDY DEAD!  GO COLTS!!!!

Offline TRACK MASTER

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
I notice poor reaction times some time when guys post slips
I WAS JUST LOOKING AT SOME 5.80 ET IN 1/8TH very good times
but rt as bad as .268 never cut rt,s that slow unless bike broke
reactions like that in most bracket race is 4 Shure loss.

Offline Burdog

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »
Dedenbear builds the most reliable delay boxes available.Almost military style.My last three have been Biondo boxes but I doubt you would use any of their features.I would recommend against mouting  it out of site for quite a few reasons.

Biondo boxes are basically Digital Delay boxes correct?

Also, why not mount it out of sight? I only need it mounted in front of me to see the numbers and info I put in, and to see the reaction time tester. What would I need to adjust on the box that couldn't be done before I do a burn out?

I just want a street bike with a delay box, so mounting that big thing would result in an eye sore IMO.

Also I should note that I don't want to 'hide' the box, I simply want to keep the stock looking gauges on my bike. So I'd need to put the box in the tail section or under my seat.

:tu:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul. Feel it.

Offline TRACK MASTER

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »
OIC  I have had people change there dial in or move inline 4 some reason u might need get @ it.
but I get wanting keep your gauges.

Offline MICHAEL MATHEWS

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
At all the tracks I race at,in a box class,they will not turn off crosstalk.Therefore you must crossover when you are the faster vehicle.Why not put it on a quick release wiring harness and just Velcro it on.Or some other method.

Offline TRACK MASTER

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »
same here on crosstalk 1st thing I wanted know going new track this week is crosstalk on

velcro :eek: I just had this image in my head of a $300 delay box sliding down track @ over 100mph
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:34:57 PM by TRACK MASTER »