Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Just a Thought....  (Read 16571 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Just a Thought....
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:18:58 PM »
Why does Suzuki not make a "locking" kickstand for the Busa?  It would be so much easier to lower the bike off the rear-stand if we knew the kickstand would not fold up.  I hate to say it, but Harley has been doin' that for decades. 
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Just a Thought....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »
The Busa kickstand really is pathetic.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »
* Fooking double post !!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »
I thought the same after mine rolled off the stand in '03(along with a few thousand others),guess so they can sell a lot of replacement fairings at $500 a pop.Every H-D I ever had had a stand that locked in place,even the old rigid Pans.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
I thought the same after mine rolled off the stand in '03(along with a few thousand others),guess so they can sell a lot of replacement fairings at $500 a pop.Every H-D I ever had had a stand that locked in place,even the old rigid Pans.

I am gonna take my bike to Freddy Robbins here (he won Sturgis last year at 204 in the 1/4), and let him weld a lock on that fuggin' kickstand.  I am sure it can be done.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »
The KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R comes with a good kickstand.  :tu:

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 05:28:20 AM »
I thought the same after mine rolled off the stand in '03(along with a few thousand others),guess so they can sell a lot of replacement fairings at $500 a pop.
Happened to me as well,at a gas station. And Im ALWAYS checking/double checking to make sure the stand is down solidly before I get off the bike. Was 3 years ago and I still get pissy each time I drive past the gas station where it happened
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »
If ya do wanna lube your rear chain, I have found the safest way is to get a small bungee and hook one end around the bottom of the kick-stand where

the small welded stop is located and the other end to the hole in the lower left faring just to keep constant forward pressure on the kickstand while you

lift the bike up and down off of the rear spools.I also use a foot long 2X4 nailed to a foot long 1X4 to put the kickstand on to get the bike in more of an

upright position for the rear stand hooks to engage the spools.  Just remember to use the wooden piece only to lift the bike up.  Lower it all the way to

the garage floor when you are done.

'No fold - all gold.'

That works at home but not at a gas station............we DEMAND a locking kickstand mod...............it would sell like Marilyn Monroe in 1954 to a bunch of

horny sailors.  Who on this board had the "knowledge" to either do it, or knows someone who can do it?  Who is the "king of turning an idea into a

reality"?  I throw it out there, gentlemen.   :thumb:

Plus, with a locking kickstand, some drunk Harley muther cannot fall backwards and land on the rear of your bike and push it forward and have the

stand fold up.  Think about that picture.   :td:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:05:03 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »
I've figured out this Kickstand Fiasco, it's Hiroshima's Revenge.   8)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 05:21:58 PM »
I thought the same after mine rolled off the stand in '03(along with a few thousand others),guess so they can sell a lot of replacement fairings at $500 a pop.
Happened to me as well,at a gas station. And Im ALWAYS checking/double checking to make sure the stand is down solidly before I get off the bike. Was 3 years ago and I still get pissy each time I drive past the gas station where it happened

I hear ya bro,was standing next to mine while idling and heard a big ass crash while putting my helmet on,over $500 for a new fairing and clutch lever.Now I always leave it in gear unless I'm sitting on it,etc.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
If ya do wanna lube your rear chain, I have found the safest way is to get a small bungee and hook one end around the bottom of the kick-stand where

the small welded stop is located and the other end to the hole in the lower left faring just to keep constant forward pressure on the kickstand while you

lift the bike up and down off of the rear spools.I also use a foot long 2X4 nailed to a foot long 1X4 to put the kickstand on to get the bike in more of an

upright position for the rear stand hooks to engage the spools.  Just remember to use the wooden piece only to lift the bike up.  Lower it all the way to

the garage floor when you are done.

'No fold - all gold.'

That works at home but not at a gas station............we DEMAND a locking kickstand mod...............it would sell like Marilyn Monroe in 1954 to a bunch of

horny sailors.  Who on this board had the "knowledge" to either do it, or knows someone who can do it?  Who is the "king of turning an idea into a

reality"?  I throw it out there, gentlemen.   :thumb:

Plus, with a locking kickstand, some drunk Harley muther cannot fall backwards and land on the rear of your bike and push it forward and have the

stand fold up.  Think about that picture.   :td:

That's where the vise on a lift comes in handy,that bitch ain't goin' nowhere then. :lol:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 06:36:52 PM »
I agree about the vise.  However, you cannot take that with you to "Ted's Kickin' Chicken'" here on a Friday night when over 300 bikes show up to eat and have a beer.   

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 07:54:06 PM »
I was just referrin' to lubin' the chain. :lol:Other than that just leave it in gear and it ain't goin' anywhere.

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »
Same designer who did the Ducati stands did the Suzuki stands also.
Richard Rolloff Noggin'.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:02:37 PM by MJ Williams »
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 03:31:42 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 08:35:08 PM »
There is a kickstand mod for the Busa that been around a while all it is, you grind the kickstand stop area so the stand go's over center further, stand sticks further forward than stock bike leans a bit more but not bad, done this soon after I got  the bike, take on and off the spool stands no trouble, its not like the Harleys but works pretty well, that dam Harley setup is not that great, you still have to watch it, also the Harley gets the lift or big floor jack setup, the spool jacks just wouldn't look right :lol:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 09:37:48 PM »
Yeah, I think I heard about that mod of which you speak once upon a long time ago.  As long as it does not put excess strain on the upper stand/frame fulcrum or weaken the stand itself.

Post it up please.

P.S. Switched over from Suzuki 10W-40 to Alysyn Less than zero full synthetic with Petron.  Motor is broken in..........need the gooooood stuff in there sloshing around.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:42:04 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 05:16:24 AM »
I went with the Alisyn(10w30)and Petron Plus about 2,000 miles ago and noticed my trans shifts buttery smooth.Going to go with it again in about another 1,000 miles. :thumb:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 01:41:20 PM »
I went with the Alisyn(10w30)and Petron Plus about 2,000 miles ago and noticed my trans shifts buttery smooth.Going to go with it again in about another 1,000 miles. :thumb:

I have a case of the Less than Zero, a case of the 10W-30, and a case of the 15W-40 with about 9 bottles of Petron Plus.  Stock motor is OK with Less than Zero but bigger cams and heavier springs will require either the 10w-30 or the 15W-40.  I run the Less than Zero with Petron Plus in my 2013 Ford Fusion as well...........seems to like it.   :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 06:13:22 PM »
Yeah, I think I heard about that mod of which you speak once upon a long time ago.  As long as it does not put excess strain on the upper stand/frame fulcrum or weaken the stand itself.

Post it up please.

P.S. Switched over from Suzuki 10W-40 to Alysyn Less than zero full synthetic with Petron.  Motor is broken in..........need the gooooood stuff in there sloshing around.  :mrgreen:
Never had any trouble and its been that way for 10 years, and I can have the bike on the kickstand and lift up on the rear of the bike and turn it pivoting on the kickstand, I will hunt the mod, but its not a big deal, you just have to grind the kickstand stop where it rests when fully extended
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »

Post it up please.

I'm not worth a crap with that cutting and pasteing and links and other sort of computer BS, google Busa kickstand mod, it will go to several websights one will have a good illustration on where to grind

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »
Thanks, older guy.  :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
Found this in the archives today.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
Don't know if you've lowered your bike yet or plan to,but when I did I ordered one of these adjustable kick stands from T-Rex.Really a nice unit and reasonably priced(instead of that $150+ everybody else seems to charge for theirs).

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=353

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 04:22:58 PM »
Nice unit...............BTW, I have Brock's adjustable lowering links in the garage along with a plethora of other parts I am gathering for this "build".  They are the ones with the nuts on both ends so you can adjust them exactly where you want them, not like the 3-hole ones where you only have low-mid-high.
They adjust just like the brake and shifter pedals.

"Step UP or Step Aside"