Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Transmission  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Transmission
« on: July 06, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »
What are the ingredients to bake a 2014 transmission cake that is far superior to stock (including back-cutting)...........use stock gears or buy a complete new unit already massaged.  Street use. Costs?  Vendors?

Inquiring minds wish to tap your combined experiences.  No LSR.  Minor strip.

Or is it just not necessary.  I keep hearing about 2nd gear issues.........popping out and back in type stuff with the stock trans. 

Respectfully yours,

Davey
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:58:26 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline MREDDIEB

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • "U can't just stop, U have 2 slow down 1st"
Re: Transmission
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:26:48 PM »
It is my understanding that undercutting the trans will keep it from popping out. I thought the stock was pretty good. I am no expert. Is your clutch still stock as well? What is the weakest link in the drive train after the motor? What are your sprokets made of?

Just my 2 cents.
\"Do you know why I pulled you over?\" Md State Trooper

Even the best bike is only as good as it's operator.
"You can explain it to the judge." Va State Trooper

Offline MICHAEL MATHEWS

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
The shift shafts are weak in both GenI and GenII.They both have pros and cons,but I wouldn't hesitate to put a stock GenII trans with billet shift shafts and go at it.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
I've never seen a Gen2 trans bad, only seen the shaft break. Every Gen2 I've taken apart the dogs and windows look great. They are undercut from the factory and are beefy.

Offline TRACK MASTER

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »
Geez im not a mech +don't want play keyboard mech my amigo that set my bike up is
hes built several dragbikes from ground up when 2nd started giving him trouble on my 02 I sold him. ( he did ride the tires off it on street 1st wouldn't sell him a lemon) He pulled trans out+replaced it with billet trans entire thing.I don't remember exact price but wasn't cheap im thinking $1,700 but don't quote me I could check with him.He has had no issues since . I believe his thinking was im going do this 1 time and not have deal with it again.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:35:52 PM by TRACK MASTER »
WILD BILL FROM EVANSVILLE
NEVER WORKED AND NEVER WILL.
5 time track champ 31 years dragracing exp.

INDY BORN INDY BRED WHEN I DIE I
WILL BE INDY DEAD!  GO COLTS!!!!

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:28:52 PM »
Geez im not a mech +don't want play keyboard mech my amigo that set my bike up is
hes built several dragbikes from ground up when 2nd started giving him trouble on my 02 I sold him. ( he did ride the tires off it on street 1st wouldn't sell him a lemon) He pulled trans out+replaced it with billet trans entire thing.I don't remember exact price but wasn't cheap im thinking $1,700 but don't quote me I could check with him.He has had no issues since . I believe his thinking was im going do this 1 time and not have deal with it again.
It wouldn't be a billet trans for the street, maybe bilet output shaft and undercut trans

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 07:01:50 PM »
I've never seen a Gen2 trans bad, only seen the shaft break. Every Gen2 I've taken apart the dogs and windows look great. They are undercut from the factory and are beefy.

That is VERY interesting news.  I need not chase my tail on something that does not necessarily need fixing.  Clutch has Brock's Clutch Mod to eliminate back torque set up from factory and also has Brock's heavy spring and backing plate conversion.  Stock plates. 
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."