Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Koenig Billet Oil Pan - Be Careful  (Read 16481 times)

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Re: Koenig Billet Oil Pan - Be Careful
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 08:02:35 AM »
"Noted". Will readdress manual on this. I missed where it said "one side". Please excuse me on that.

Gentlemen, can't thank you enough.   Don, thanks for letting me butt in on your original post.  Good luck on the new setup, and hope the healing is going well. 

A.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:05:07 AM by LVBUSA »
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
My friend Wes has a small motorcycle shop here...........about 40 bikes on the property at one time being serviced or sold on consignment.

He told me he would interview his mechanic prospects  personally and if they were hired, they each had to get rid of any silicone in their tool boxes............and if he caught them with any later..........automatic dismissal.
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline ANTDOG600

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 05:42:14 PM »
dont be scared of swivel pickups. been selling same pan and pickup since 2000(also at same low price!). do search on here about "vitton o-rings".
the blame has to go somewhere and rarely is the engine builder. measure those cranks good!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »
I ran one of your pans on my turbo bike from 2008-2011 with absolutely no issues. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »
WildPhil are you saying you use Ultra Copper instead of silicone on the case halves? I know I should be careful about the silicone squishing out of the case joints. I will wipe the joints when it is all bolted up. But if ultra Copper works just as well I will use that instead.
I used a thin coat on each case half, take care for excess overspray, also on base spacer, never had a leak issue or stopped up pick up
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does