Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gearing  (Read 27593 times)

Offline Amode

• Rider
Re: Gearing
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
Dave
You should run the 18/40 with your HP. I just have a stock bike but the 18/40 is much better than the 18/43. The door is about 7/8 open for me @ 73. I would run a 39 rear but the stock wheel will not accept it. The 18/40 is so much in tune with the busa tran gear ratio. You see i do not worry about wheeles, I just worry about room and road conditions.  :hys:

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 11:44:36 PM »
Oh my god dave you cannot take a stock map and tweak it to work with a 18/40 or a turbo app. You can not take a stock map and put it on a dyno and expect it to perform with out changing all the other settings Like mine. What is wrong with you. It is a good thing you and every body else does not live in the Bay Area. Because i would spank your Butts. Why does every talk about wheeles or smoking the tires, Lets talk about street bikes in realty and the way we really ride them. My Bike with my tune up and my gear ratio combo i do not worry about any bike or car it is just a great ride. Yes tune up gear ratio love this bike./

Offline dnhabusa

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 05:31:40 AM »
And just to compair, I've been 238+ on a 19/38 and according to my datalogs RPM was in the 11,150 ballpark.
Do you know what the circumference of your tire was, either raw or rollout? They do vary like Stainless1 said. To illustrate, I have a 190/50 that measured 77-13/16" raw. Another guy told me his 190/50 was 76-1/4" raw and his 190/55 was 78-1/4" raw. Obviously rollout (the distance the bike actually travels per revolution of the rear wheel) is lower than raw, which is why the numbers you'll get at gearingcommander will be optimistic unless you correct the tire circumference to the rollout.

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 07:22:54 AM »
And just to compair, I've been 238+ on a 19/38 and according to my datalogs RPM was in the 11,150 ballpark.
Do you know what the circumference of your tire was, either raw or rollout? They do vary like Stainless1 said. To illustrate, I have a 190/50 that measured 77-13/16" raw. Another guy told me his 190/50 was 76-1/4" raw and his 190/55 was 78-1/4" raw. Obviously rollout (the distance the bike actually travels per revolution of the rear wheel) is lower than raw, which is why the numbers you'll get at gearingcommander will be optimistic unless you correct the tire circumference to the rollout.

Current tire is 77-3/16".  The tire I had before with the 19/38 gearing, I don't have handy, but IIRC it was something close to 77-1/4".  I get a lot of variation from tire slip on the fast end, also.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »
What is wrong with you.

What's wrong with me?

The better question with the shorter answer would be to ask "What is right with me?"

I am takin' my toys and goin' off the air now.

Bye, old man.

See ya in September...........maybe.  If that pile of fill dirt and swamp you live on has not slid into the Pacific by then.    :bigfu: :bigfu:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »
 :hys:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
Well damn!!!
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
Oh my god dave you cannot take a stock map and tweak it to work with a 18/40 or a turbo app. You can not take a stock map and put it on a dyno and expect it to perform with out changing all the other settings Like mine. What is wrong with you. It is a good thing you and every body else does not live in the Bay Area. Because i would spank your Butts. Why does every talk about wheeles or smoking the tires, Lets talk about street bikes in realty and the way we really ride them. My Bike with my tune up and my gear ratio combo i do not worry about any bike or car it is just a great ride. Yes tune up gear ratio love this bike./

Wow. I don't know how to tell you this...but your tune... your map...  it does not know, matter, or care what your final drive ratio is... it is not one of the things you map in the ECU.  Everybody is concerned with wheelies and rear tire spin because both of those things are problems and the Busa is capable of both in multiple gears.   Your contribution to this thread....  :td:
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »
^^^LMFAO
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 09:17:29 AM »
Dave, All of my gearing comments apply to a stock engine Hayabusa...not your 210 hp...
I would try stock gearing with your increased tq. & hp. My bad for forgetting about your increased power.
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »
Dave, All of my gearing comments apply to a stock engine Hayabusa...not your 210 hp...
I would try stock gearing with your increased tq. & hp. My bad for forgetting about your increased power.

No issue...........yes, 210 is the target and some folks say 17/43, others say stock, some say 19/43 and some say 18/40.

(That will be up to the tuner/rider, I was just looking for the top speed for an 18/43 and a 19/43.)

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »
Dave
I just want you and every body else to know that i have nothing against you dave. I just like to piss you off for some reason. I want you to know that i have a impeccaple record on tunning. From a pro stock motors, Blown gas , Blown fuel motors. So i know all about Tire spin, Wheelies. So i do not want anyone to tell me about this shit. I am a 1/4 mile guy. Let me tell you all I have two top fuel hydro champions back to back. I have tunned a top fuel funny car at the bakersfield march meet with a win. Blown gas flat bottom 124. My Ski boat 118 to 124 in the 1/4.So i do not want any disrespect on these hayabusa. I have spent a lot of computer time on this busa tune stuff, And what i found is Stock is garbage. I want you assholes to know that strap your ass in a blown fuel flat bottom and then think am i going to make it to the end. The blown fuel Hydro is another story You have the Tranmission blown apart, The Blower coming off, The rodneys coming out, The Prop coming apart all in 1/4 Mile @ 208 on water. So please do not tell me that i am stupid dave.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »
Dave
I just want you and every body else to know that i have nothing against you dave. I just like to piss you off for some reason. I want you to know that i have a impeccaple record on tunning. From a pro stock motors, Blown gas , Blown fuel motors. So i know all about Tire spin, Wheelies. So i do not want anyone to tell me about this shit. I am a 1/4 mile guy. Let me tell you all I have two top fuel hydro champions back to back. I have tunned a top fuel funny car at the bakersfield march meet with a win. Blown gas flat bottom 124. My Ski boat 118 to 124 in the 1/4.So i do not want any disrespect on these hayabusa. I have spent a lot of computer time on this busa tune stuff, And what i found is Stock is garbage. I want you assholes to know that strap your ass in a blown fuel flat bottom and then think am i going to make it to the end. The blown fuel Hydro is another story You have the Tranmission blown apart, The Blower coming off, The rodneys coming out, The Prop coming apart all in 1/4 Mile @ 208 on water. So please do not tell me that i am stupid dave.
Amode, I do not know you and it appears I don't care to, I went back over this thread and don't see where anyone called you stupid, I and I would bet nobody else here gives a flying fuck what you have tuned, driven, or blown up, and from the way you blow your own horn before you call anyone else assholes you better ck out what you see in the mirror, also if you can not behave yourself and show a little respect, ether don't comment or go somewhere else, and I would hope your smart enough to figure out that I'm to old to give a fuck weather you like it or not
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
Who knows the THEORETICAL top end of a stock 18/43 combination vs. a 19/43?  11,700 redline.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Here is what you should do. First run a 18 /39 with your wheels.Then put my map in your trike. LOL. Then take your deal to johnny cheese and have him tune it up. When johnny gets its tuned upped you will not be able to ride it.LOL.

Davey

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »
quote author=Ghost-Geezer link=action=profile;u=20788 date=1437323518]
Just got handed to you.  Check out SEJ's comment, brainiac.  You're about one Bay Area dumb sumbich.  :td:
[/quote]

Dave what about this and sej's commennt. Dude i am 6'1 240# I would just love to meet you.

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
Who knows the THEORETICAL top end of a stock 18/43 combination vs. a 19/43?  11,700 redline.

Thanks in advance,

Davey

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:59 PM »
Dave

I would like to suggest that you start drinking after you are finished posting... you might read it before you hit post and realize how it makes you look.  :eek:
YMMV  :hys:
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 12:05:42 AM »
Oh my god stainless one this guy is a funny fart what do you run 200 @ a mile or two borring . This is so funny that every body thinks a busa is so fast. I love the Busa butt it is not the cats meow. I have been around the deal. I think a 200 + with a light turbo tune up in the 1/4 would be just fine. That is my deal. And stainless one i do not want to sit on the seat for a mile or two to go 200. 1/4 Dude.  :hys: :hys:

Offline Wolf

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
  • AKA Wolf1397
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »
I think a 200 + with a light turbo tune up in the 1/4 would be just fine.

200+ MPH in the 1/4 with a light turbo tune???  Wow. That's brilliant. LOL.

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 06:26:46 AM »
The rodneys coming out,So please do not tell me that i am stupid dave.
Who are these Rodneys you speak of? Can Rodney help you with grammar?  :hys:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 09:33:42 AM »
Oh my god stainless one this guy is a funny fart what do you run 200 @ a mile or two borring . This is so funny that every body thinks a busa is so fast. I love the Busa butt it is not the cats meow. I have been around the deal. I think a 200 + with a light turbo tune up in the 1/4 would be just fine. That is my deal. And stainless one i do not want to sit on the seat for a mile or two to go 200. 1/4 Dude.  :hys: :hys:

Sorry for the drinking comment.... it just occurred to me, based on your spelling and grammar that you have not finish 6th grade...  :hys:
Why do you want your thrill over in 7 seconds?  You have done that right? When the real thrill is seeing those 1/4 mile markers go by every 3.65 seconds or less... for miles. 
So if you prefer drag boats, I'm sure there is a forum for that out there... feel free to move on and be a troll there... or have they already sent you packing  :td:
This is a site where people appreciate fast bikes and the technology built into the Hayabusa  :bike:
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »
Just got handed to you.  Check out SEJ's comment, brainiac.  You're about one Bay Area dumb sumbich.  :td:

Dave what about this and sej's commennt. Dude i am 6'1 240# I would just love to meet you.
[/quote]

So, is that supposed to "get me exited"?  If so, it ain't workin'.   :td:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline SEJ

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »
Which comment is the inconsiderate 6th grader talking about?

The more horsepower that you're making, the less gear that you need...

Dave just bought a brand new Busa and I was giving accurate advice for 1/4 mile gearing for a STOCK one.
But 210 horses ain't stock...

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:45:31 PM by SEJ »
222.66 MPH at the Ohio Mile
201.52 MPH in the 1/2 Mile
12 lbs. boost
01' Turbo GSX-R 1000

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »

[/quote]

Hey, it's an internet tough guy. :hys: :hys:

If your so good how about some time slips to back it up?  :eek:
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »

So, is that supposed to "get me exited"?  If so, it ain't workin'.   :td:
[/quote]

I got your back big daddy,I'm his size(and sorry to say the knucklehead lives in CA,though I'm a transplanted good 'ol boy so I don't take responsibility for a crackhead :lol:)and will set him up with 2 left jabs followed by a right cross...then it's goodnight. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.