Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Top Speed Tuesday 21st July Elvington.  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Top Speed Tuesday 21st July Elvington.
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:45:39 AM »
This Tuesday is the last chance to get the bikes set up before the big 2 day event in August.
Personally I am looking forward to it because we have finally resolved all the minor problems on my bike that have prevented a proper full speed run for me this year.
I hear talk about a new big bore bike coming to play and a new turbo build so given the good weather we have been blessed with this year I can see some good times.
Report to follow  :tu:

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Re: Top Speed Tuesday 21st July Elvington.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »
Notify of new replies

Good luck to all and be safe!
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 03:44:56 PM »
Interesting day with a threequarters tail wind that varied between 8 and 18 mph mostly overcast but the sun broke through a few times as did the few sprinkles of rain.

Becci,Jack and Les were not playing out today so it was left to Mike Grainger on his turbo busa to run a best of 241.3 mph along with a couple more in the 240s and a couple in the 238 range and His travelling companion Bob Clegg ran a 202 mph on a stock but de restricted H2 along with another two runs over 200mph.

Steve Bland improved on his best with a 219.5 mph on gas which I think makes him the fastest nitrous bike in the UK now.
Ian Andrews ran 204.2mph on a ZX12 with a sniff of gas and Jason King ran 208.1 mph on his Gixxer 1000 turbo.

I did a sighting run to check out my new thumb brake and scuff a new front in then got ready to go fast but struggled to keep the bike on full throttle in the top three gears because it felt wrong and unstable then I split the fairing again where it went last time even after a repair and strengthening with more glassfibre so it came off.
Went out again without it and ran 230.6 naked.......I think I will go back to the old fairing in August :mrgreen:

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM »
Thanks for the report Ken. Always well written. Congrats on the 230 naked. Well done.