Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New to drag. Where to set my BMC revalved shock for starters  (Read 2927 times)

Offline fungames43232

• Rider
I am new to drag racing so I know it's going to be awhile to be able to tune this shock correctly.  I need to focus on how to get the clutch out and basically not much more at this point.  Just looking for a starting point for my compression and rebound.  The shock was revalved by quite some time ago by BMC racing.  Life got in the way and i was never able to go out and race.  I weigh 185 in full gear and the bike sits at 66".  Currently I am set 11 clicks out (exactly mid way) on compression and 2 clicks out on rebound.  Sag is currently set just under 1".  Looking for suggestions if this is even a ball park setting.
If it's too fast you're old

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: New to drag. Where to set my BMC revalved shock for starters
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »
I'm going to guess the shock was re-valved for road racing and not for drag racing.

If I were you, I'd call the people who did the shock and tell them what you plan to do with it so they can suggest a starting point.
Thomas

Offline fungames43232

• Rider
Re: New to drag. Where to set my BMC revalved shock for starters
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
BMC racing revalved the shock for drag.  I gave my set up, weight etc...The number I have no longer works unfortunately.
If it's too fast you're old