Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Crank Rod Journal Measurement Q's......."CORRECTION/APOLOGY"  (Read 3353 times)

Offline LVBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
I would like to rescind my original opening comments in regard to my crank rod journal  measurement issues:

In my original post of the above name, I have deleted the section where I made reference to a "Board Sponsor" having just polished the crank that I was having problems measuring.  It was not meant to be a criticism, nor an attack of their credibility.  They did fine work, and in no way made any mistakes whatsoever.

After receiving some good practical measuring instructions from a board regular who instructed me to practice with the standard in learning to feel .0001 measurements.  I realized I did not get one with the micrometer I purchased.  I ordered one, and last night went about realizing I have made a terrible, and unexcusable mistake.  My brand new micrometer was 2+ tenths, roughly, off.  My measurements were flawed, and incorrect.   

The only problem with the measurements was the idiot with the micrometer.  The Board Sponsor did a terrific job !!!.

I apologize for any misrepresentation, or indirect accusation on my part that may have been misconstrued.

I meant no disrespect and owe the Sponsor MUCH in the way of apologies.  A.   
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:40:10 PM by LVBUSA »
Amsoil Synthetics / Race Ready Painted Inner Panels / Bagster Tank Protector & Tank Bags / Hump Mod / ZG Double Bubble / Mirror Spacers / +1/2" dogbones / EK ZZZ 530 / Michelin Pilot Road 5's / TL 1000R Pegs / EBC HH Pads / Corbin Saddles /

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: Crank Rod Journal Measurement Q's......."CORRECTION/APOLOGY"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:23 AM »
Your response shows that you are a class act - not everyone would go to the lengths you did to clarify things  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thomas

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
 :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 01:05:00 AM »
I never saw the original post, but I would assume we were that sponsor as we are the crank people. Either way, glad you got it worked out and big props for coming on here and sharing about it.