Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: British MotoGP 2015  (Read 30773 times)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: British MotoGP 2015
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »
By the way the attendance was massive despite the rain.
Much busier than recent years according to the regulars.
Plenty of license plates on bikes from all over Europe even as far as Italy.
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »
They showed the acres of parking but I didn't see an area for bikes.  Lots of RVs too.  Or do you call them Caravans?  Love the greenery!
Ride em if ya got em

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2015, 01:32:43 AM »
They showed the acres of parking but I didn't see an area for bikes.  Lots of RVs too.  Or do you call them Caravans?  Love the greenery!

Yes caravans are the ones that are towed behind a car or van or truck.
We call motorhomes the things I think you guys call a winnebago?
The bike parking was the first main car park inside the grounds of the curcuit and I can confirm it was like a sea of bikes !  8)

We drive out through Silverstone village quite often on our way out to Banbury.
The track is surrounded by farming and trees.
England woiuld be quite a shock to anyone stateside from say....UTAH, Texas areas.
England is very GREEN !!!

William Blake:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On England's pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
Bring me my Arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In England's green & pleasant Land

Offline Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »
What you call caravans we call trailers as they trail behind the pulling vehicle.  Winnebagos are a brand name of motor homes that we call motor homes or RVs, for recreation vehicles.  I always thought my Vette and my motorcycles were recreation vehicles... :lol:

Watched the Silverstone GP again on my DVR.  Rossi is such a pleasure to watch.  What a master in the wet!  Once Marquez learns to ease on the throttle in the rain he may end up a pretty good rider if he doesn't end up taking the Simoncelli way out.  Looks like Lorenzo has the pole for tomorrow and if Rossi won't let him check out, it should be a great race. 
Ride em if ya got em

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
Exciting race this morning with the bike switching,etc. and with my boy finally getting a win(and neither Lorenzo nor Rossi getting a podium finish,getting a little too big for their britches this year and needed taking down a notch or two :lol:). :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »
Sport and privatediverjefff,

The British GP was as I said the full circus.
Did you see the huge fiasco at the start? Or did the media TV crews edit that bit out?
A surreal situation based on a ridiculous decision to start the race as a dry race. What on earth for? The whole, sky was a grey out and it was raining heavily on the grid
before the race started. Now although this is an international race series, anyone who knows our weather knows that rain was in for the duration.
We have grown accustomed to our weather. As a biker you become an expert at figuring out if its going to be dry or stay dry to bother getting your pristine bike out!  :lol:

As soon as the whole race had been restarted on wet tyres it became an endurance race, last man standing almost? Well it was  :D
Now in that situation and if I was going to put money on anyone winning it would be Rossi and not just because I am a fan.
Rossi knows the British weather and how saturating heavy rain is on tarmac. He even lived here for a few years and he's ridden the TT circuit.
Guys, when it rains here its truly biblical ! I can't use the kind of language we use to describe it on the forum  :wink:
So Rossi is an old hand at our crap weather on the track.
The new boy not so much so because he cant, he has'nt been around long enough.
So Rossi played a blinder to get out in front and Marky of course was right there on his ass.
But Rossi played a tactically perfect line in each bend at at a high enough speed, but safe enough speed.
Rossi knew that Marky would have to go over and beyond the safety margin to get past him and therefore run the risk of binning it.
Thats my personal assumption of Rossi tactics and from my osbervation. He rode a perfect lap and line each lap and just waited.
Marky played along for a few laps keeping a close distance but not pushing it, to observe Rossi's lines, like they do.
But we actually saw the moment when Marky decided to change tactics and push it and started to push on Rossi.
After 2 laps of pushing it Marky went for the move and that was it. Game over.
In that position Rossi was I believe unbeatable and also infront of probably one of his most loved fan bases.
Rossi knows his fan base here is massive !!!!  :eek:
It was Rossi's first win at Silverstone.

The poor weather didn't put a damper on the racing or the atmosphere or the passion.

The only consolation for anyone who slid off, is that plenty did in all three races. Moto3 especially.
We had quite a collection of race bikes up against the fence at one stage.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »
Please tell me someone watched the Moto3 race where riders were sliding off near Beckets almost every lap?
Are they superhero's???
As soon as the riders had stopped sliding, they bounced up on their feet and ran hell for leather back to the sometimes still sliding or spinning bikes,
leaped back on and with a push start from the track crew were off again.
We could see one guy frantically punching the clutch lever to staighten it so he could start again.
Wtf ???   8)

Great sparky show !  :D

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2015, 11:48:07 AM »
Exciting race this morning with the bike switching,etc. and with my boy finally getting a win(and neither Lorenzo nor Rossi getting a podium finish,getting a little too big for their britches this year and needed taking down a notch or two :lol:). :thumb:

Bradley Smith and Scott Redding taking the other two podiums ! What a great season Bradley is having in 2015.

I aint going to knock Marky the cheeky boy  :D  :lol:
Rossi made some poor track decisions by the looks of it? and Jorge crashed out.
All part of the fun and games.

Aragon next !  :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:52:54 AM by HOS »