Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Melting wiring harness at rectifier connection  (Read 4122 times)

Offline NDVBUSA

• Rider
  • Fast,Faster
Melting wiring harness at rectifier connection
« on: June 14, 2015, 11:25:53 PM »
I keep burning the rectifier connection on my 00 Busa. This is the third wiring harness i have fixed or changed at the same connection.  I have a two battery set up, could that be doing it? It also seems to be a problem after i have to really jump on her for some fun. If I stay calm never a problem.
Nelson D. Valentin

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Melting wiring harness at rectifier connection
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
I keep burning the rectifier connection on my 00 Busa. This is the third wiring harness i have fixed or changed at the same connection.  I have a two battery set up, could that be doing it? It also seems to be a problem after i have to really jump on her for some fun. If I stay calm never a problem.
Is it a system that charges both batterys at the same time?  if so then ck to see that both batterys are in good shape, forcing the charging system to go at the max with a bad battery could cause overheated connection, also and poss more likely is the connection of the harness to the rectifier if it is not clean and tight, it can overheat
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline TT

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:40:54 PM »
hows the connection coming off the stator? they usually melt on the 99,s and 00,s that can cause problems at the stator connection
get the soldering gun out and hard wire them all
alcohol is the cause and solution to all my problem,s

it burn,s when i pee

tattoos and harley,s  both image enhancers

Offline RoadManiac

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
When i took my 750 K2 apart i noticed the same happened like you coming off the stator one wire on the connector melted... but everything still worked ok

i bought some high amp gold connectors on hobbyking.com a large online RC store i am sure they will do the job as they are made for lithium polymer batteries wich are very powerful
and different to a Lifepo some might have in a motorcyle speaking off they also might be throwing a old R/R a bit off and causing power surges...
Suzuki GSXR 750/1000 drag bike project so far :Full Rizla racing Fairing|Yoshi RS 3 Full System| GI pro gear indicator | Synto Clutch & Brake lever | Rear wheel hugger | PCV & Quickshift | APE CCT | Lithium 435 gr Batterypack | Yoshimura Stage 1 Cam kit | 954 Tail light in Custom underseat | BMC Air filter | Goodridge SS brake lines |