Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Web Cam Quality...........  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Web Cam Quality...........
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »
My understanding is that they have a very good quality control center and tolerances are excellent.  I also understand that there is a "special" coating that can be put on these cams to reduce cam and bucket wear over time on the street with heavier springs..........but I dunno the name of it.  Seat pressure on my bike will go from stock of 34 to about 52-54 for the new cams. 

Anybody know of this coating process?
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
Re: Web Cam Quality...........
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »
http://swaintech.com/
http://www.cryogenicsuperfinish.com/processes.html
http://rf85.com/

Here are a couple places to do research on. I don't really know if anybody is using any of these product and if they are they ain't saying.
Not cheap so you put your money down and place your bet.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »
That is aerospace quality stuff so far above my head I cannot even begin to comprehend it.  It all looks pretty dang hi-tech to me.  Fascinating stuff.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 06:41:50 AM »
.  I also understand that there is a "special" coating that can be put on these cams.....
Anybody know of this coating process?
Top secret my friend,but if you mail me your cams I will give them a "special coating" of my own brand. :vl:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:52 AM »
Rodney is handling that now............since he has already has had my bike for about a week.  He is having them "coated" but I cannot recall the name of the process...........I do know that it results in less lobe/bucket wear with the 20 additional lbs of seat pressure from the new springs and the higher lift/broader duration on the cams.  I am not sure if the valve guides have to be shortened but the head will be decked .012 when it is ported.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
DLC and REM superfinishing has been around for years, we've had it our motors back in 06, same with cryogenics . I don't do it to everything but some parts get this and some that. It's what's in your budget and your needs. There's so much stuff you can do your head will be spinning. So DLC the cams, or REM the crank or was that the rods? Should I  Sumebore the cylinders for 2k for less friction?  then DLC the skirts? Will the clear be right then ?  :cf:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »
DLC and REM superfinishing has been around for years, we've had it our motors back in 06, same with cryogenics . I don't do it to everything but some parts get this and some that. It's what's in your budget and your needs. There's so much stuff you can do your head will be spinning. So DLC the cams, or REM the crank or was that the rods? Should I  Sumebore the cylinders for 2k for less friction?  then DLC the skirts? Will the clear be right then ?  :cf:

That is some pretty amazing stuff.  I recall discussing cryogenics in class during the 8th grade, it was in its' infancy then, of course.........and all I recall is that the theory was that it got the molecules of whatever was subjected to the intense cold to "line up" in a more precision and densly packed order to make the material stronger and more resistant to breakage thru stress. 

As far as DLC and REM goes, the only thing I have to relate those terms to is a couple of Rock Bands.  Complete ignorance.  Same with "Sumebore" for a couple of grand $$$$$$$$$.  You are light-years outta my ballpark.   :thumb:

Is that the kind of stuff they do to formula 1 engines?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:51:46 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:51 PM »
Cryogenics :thumb: it worked for Simon Phoenix and John Spartan so it must be good!
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:02:24 PM »
Cryogenics :thumb: it worked for Simon Phoenix and John Spartan so it must be good!

I just now realized that was a dang movie!!!!  BWA-HA-HA!!!!!  :hys: :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:23 PM »

That is some pretty amazing stuff.  I recall discussing cryogenics in class during the 8th grade, it was in its' infancy then, of course.........and all I recall is that the theory was that it got the molecules of whatever was subjected to the intense cold to "line up" in a more precision and densly packed order to make the material stronger and more resistant to breakage thru stress. 

As far as DLC and REM goes, the only thing I have to relate those terms to is a couple of Rock Bands.  Complete ignorance.  Same with "Sumebore" for a couple of grand $$$$$$$$$.  You are light-years outta my ballpark.   :thumb:

Is that the kind of stuff they do to formula 1 engines?
  Yes f1 and moto GP,   and they wouldn't even tell you the teams using it..they say it's like a 30% reduction  of friction  if I was rich that's what I would do is a Sumebore block  and DLC skirts all sent to the same place overseas , not to mention a bunch of high end nitride techniques,  then you can use high dollar ring packages with reduced drag oil retention  rings.. it goes on and on... your head spinning  yet?.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:49:53 AM by knecum »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 12:00:59 AM »
Yes. It is. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »
Just for poops and grins I added up having the full meal deal for friction loss done.
Cryo and Superfinish about $3000.00 plus the RF85 is another 2 grand but that does include the chain.
So you are at 5 large. If you are into it that far you might as well send the stuff to Swain Tech to get the ceramic coatings so that is another about 2 grand.
I would like to have an engine dyno'd before and after to see what the true gains are. Doubtful $7000.00 worth.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 12:37:28 PM »
$7,000 would buy ya a Stage 1 or 2 RCC kit, would it not?  Who cares about friction then?  Just stuff the motor full of fuel and air and ride off into the wind like Clayton Moore in the TV Series "The Lone Ranger".  "Hi-Ho Silver, and Away!!!!!!!!!!"  :bike: :tu:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:40:37 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"