Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Electric Lime Pearl Plasti-Dipped Hayabusa  (Read 7911 times)

Offline InfiniteReality

• Rider
  • Plate Reads: MY 420
    • My Website
Electric Lime Pearl Plasti-Dipped Hayabusa
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:42:07 AM »
I haven’t really done anything to the bike in quite some time with selling my old house, living in an apartment (busa was in storage, so rarely got ridden) while I was building my new house and even considered selling it for a short period.  Since it’s been neglected, I decided it was time for a change.  In May 2013 I dipped the bike satin white and before I moved out of my old house in December 2013 I peeled it off.  Always regretted removing it, white/black just fit the bike so well.

As much as I liked white, I didn’t want to dip it the same color again.  This time it was a toss-up for colors on opposing ends of the color spectrum……Camo Brown or Electric Lime.  100% of the people I asked said Electric Lime and I was more partial to it as well, so ordered 1 gallon of dip.  While I was ordering, decided it was time to try out some Iguana Green Pearl too.  I ordered 25g of it and when I got to the last half of the gallon, I mixed it in.  There’s about 5 light coats followed by 2 heavy coats on the bike. 

Since I already had the graphics in CAD from when I dipped it white, I put them in my wife’s Silhouette Cameo again and let it cut them out for me in satin black.  I’m undecided if I’m going to put the little graphics next to the headlight and tail light….  Any opinions if I should or shouldn’t?

I have a roll of Oracal Lime Tree Green vinyl on the way so I can cut out some new wheel stripes, don’t care for the old silver ones.  I was going to order some, but closest color I could find was Kawasaki green.  Still wouldn’t match and a roll of vinyl cost just as much as wheel stripes anyways.

Did a time lapse from start to finish because I'm a nerd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv0nwj_bzU8

2009 Charcoal/Silver Hayabusa
Lowered, 6+, Widened Stock Wheel, All LEDs, Everything Blacked Out

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: Electric Lime Pearl Plasti-Dipped Hayabusa
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 06:34:58 PM »
Very unique and eye-catching.  I admire your pluck for completing such a project.  You have "energy to burn".   I burnt mine up about 10 years ago when I was approaching 60.  Once again, congrats, I like it............I do not think I would "over graphic" it.  It stands great as it is, pal.
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline InfiniteReality

• Rider
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:53:50 AM »
Very unique and eye-catching.  I admire your pluck for completing such a project.  You have "energy to burn".   I burnt mine up about 10 years ago when I was approaching 60.  Once again, congrats, I like it............I do not think I would "over graphic" it.  It stands great as it is, pal.

Thanks!  I'm still old at heart...and lazy too.  But stuff like this motivates me. 

I posted this on a couple of forums, you're the only person to answer my graphic question!  I'll take your advice and leave it as it is.  I agree, simple is better. :)  Thanks!

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »
Oops, I missed the question. Definitely looks right with the current graphics.  Looks like a super limited edition.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »
I agree with previous posters; leave it alone. Great project and very unique. I like it.

Offline InfiniteReality

• Rider
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 08:33:20 AM »
It'll stay as such then, thanks!!

I will put matching wheel stripes on it, just need to cut them out and install

Offline madcow

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »
Looks great.  What exhaust is that? 

Offline InfiniteReality

• Rider
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »
Looks great.  What exhaust is that?

It's a Yoshi 4-2-1 header with a GSXR1000 stock pipe.  Love the look, to me it fits the bike the best.  I've ran one of my Gen1 and Gen2 bikes.

Offline madcow

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 08:27:53 AM »
very cool.  Yes I agree it looks good.  Was thinking it had a "stock" appearance.  Again bike looks sweet.  :tu: