Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Elvington September records meeting.  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Elvington September records meeting.
« on: September 21, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »
Last weekend was the last of the two day events for this year and I could not go for several reasons but here is a brief rundown.
The wheelie guys had an exceptional meeting with both Gary Rothwell (209.822mph) and Egbert Van Popta (205.421) both exceeding 200mph on turbo busas on one wheel over a kilometre with the exit speed being recorded in the same way as our mile.Gary also ran 216.192 mph on two wheels in the mile and Egg 206.447 mph.

As far as the normal crop of  turbo top speed bikes went only Mike Grainger (249.910) improved on his personal best mile speeds with Jack Frost and Les Marsh All just short of the 250 mph mark.
Mike Grainger was allowed one run on his H2r as it was a little noisy for the venue rules and managed 209.580 mph and Terry Smith on a big motor busa 206.283 mph.

Not sure about the conditions as I was not present but as it was an ACU records meeting they ran both directions and one way was slower than the other which probably indicates a slight tail wind becoming a slight headwind.

The only other item of note was Becci Ellis did two runs on a borrowed stock busa and managed 175mph  :tu: :tu:

One meeting left on Tuesday 20th October weather permitting.

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
Re: Elvington September records meeting.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:24:56 PM »
Thanks for the excelent report Ken, as always.

209 on one wheel!!! Someone must have a video or pics of this. Amazing  :shock:

Offline Wolf

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
  • AKA Wolf1397
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »
Congratulations to both guys in the wheelie contest. 200+ MPH for a whole kilometer is super-impressive. Awesome accomplishment. Also glad to hear that Becci is back in the saddle again.

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
The wheelie guys need to have the front wheel in the air at the kilometre mark and keep it off the ground until the mile marker but only the exit speed after the mile is measured.
There are a couple more top speeds over 200 like Bob C and Andy the one armed rider raised his best to about 210 mph but the results are a bit fragmented for some reason probably to do with running both ways so when I get them properly confirmed I will post them up.