Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Lectron Injection Throttle Bodies  (Read 8464 times)

Offline STA 21

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Lectron Injection Throttle Bodies
« on: October 06, 2015, 03:37:59 PM »
http://www.dragbike.com/schnitz-racing-efi-lectron-injectron-throttle-bodies/

Has anyone use this product on the street. I am thinking of taking a shot with this if possible. Having to just sell a 2010 zx10 for an 08 Busa that will have work done to it by a very reputable tuner. Money is not the issue and i just want to know if these can work on the street. Any real knowledge would be greatly appreciated :tu:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
Re: Lectron Injection Throttle Bodies
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:21:51 PM »
Lectron stuff has been around for a long time and has a reputation for quality............I have not heard anything bad about them, with the single exception of one instance when a user I knew had a backfire thru the intake to the throttle bodies due to a lean condition and literally bent the slides, and I know they are pricey.  They obviously flow more air than a traditional throttle plate with less restriction, but I have no idea how they would pan out on the street.  What I do know is that you best get the proper tune on that motor to avoid what happened to that other user.

Personally, I would stick with FI or just add three grand or so to the price of those Lectrons and put a turbo on it, 3500 is a lot of money. What do you expect to gain for that outlay?  A few years ago Schnitz Racing was selling the same thing for $1,999.00.  Start searching and you will find it.
Why the 1500 buck increase?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:24:41 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:38:36 PM »
Bumpity............look up.  Then look down.  That kit is 4500.  You could easily make 260 with mostly stock internals.  You did say money was not an issue.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:48:46 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline STA 21

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 11:48:19 AM »
Hey thanks, yes money would not be the issue. However i want to keep it all motor and race against turbo busas and zx14s that my friends have. I also plan on getting a different gearbox from Nova (close ratio) and a 200/55/17 tire to gain back a bit of mph, possibly go down a tooth in the rear but no more than that. I have talked to them and they said that there are a few on the street but they are hot bikes, weekend warriors. I like to try and think outside the box, and this is the reason i was thinking of going this way in the first place. If tuned properly only the carbs would have  to be maintained (as there are no filters for them i believe) but other than that it should be a go, if at the least one of their FI systems but i want to be able to add the extra airflow, more than a stock throttle body is capable of, therefor continue to make usable power throughout the powerband. Thank you for your reply

Jon

Offline STA 21

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »
Lectron stuff has been around for a long time and has a reputation for quality............I have not heard anything bad about them, with the single exception of one instance when a user I knew had a backfire thru the intake to the throttle bodies due to a lean condition and literally bent the slides, and I know they are pricey.  They obviously flow more air than a traditional throttle plate with less restriction, but I have no idea how they would pan out on the street.  What I do know is that you best get the proper tune on that motor to avoid what happened to that other user.

Personally, I would stick with FI or just add three grand or so to the price of those Lectrons and put a turbo on it, 3500 is a lot of money. What do you expect to gain for that outlay?  A few years ago Schnitz Racing was selling the same thing for $1,999.00.  Start searching and you will find it.
Why the 1500 buck increase?

Also my tuner is very good at getting the most out of a motor (usable) and his bikes usually beat bikes that have more power with equal riders.

Jon

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »
Jon,
           If you are talkin' 1/4 mile stuff, I can see your point..............all the power in the world does not do a man any good unless his skills, bike and tire can get it to the pavement, particularly in that first 60 ft.

On the flip side, on say a 60-65 mph roll-on (each of you pick a gear, you have a box full of 'em) a well done street turbo would likely as not run off from your all-motor bike..........as long as he can keep the front end down. 

Davey

P.S.  Did you find on the InterWeb where Schnitz was previously selling those same Lectrons for $1,999.00 instead of $3,499.00?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:54:23 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline STA 21

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 06:06:49 PM »
All i saw was his latest price unfortunately.

Yes we do roll ons from 60-65 I will also take the bike down to F!@#$% for some 9/10th racing they start at 30-35 and replicate standing mile numbers
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:10:00 PM by STA 21 »

Offline STA 21

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »
thanks for the reply my friend

Jon
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:11:25 PM by STA 21 »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 10:38:05 PM »
Yer welcome.  Just type in "Lectron Carbs for Sale Schnitz" and you will see them offered at $1,999........once upon a time.  Even the ones designated strictly for the Busa are listed on the right side of that same ad at $2,499..............not $3,499.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:25:50 AM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline STA 21

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 02:21:05 PM »
Yer welcome.  Just type in "Lectron Carbs for Sale Schnitz" and you will see them offered at $1,999........once upon a time.  Even the ones designated strictly for the Busa are listed on the right side of that same ad at $2,499..............not $3,499.

Im going to ditch the Lectrons as they are to expensive without knowing what kind of returns i can look forward to. I will however move ahead with a Nova close ratio gearbox, 190/55/17 or 200/55/17 tire fairly stock engine (ignition coils from takai) and data logged and street tuned.

Offline GSXRTURBO1

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »
Uh, you are talking apples and oranges here. The old Lectrons you are referring to were carbs, these new "Lectrons" are throttle bodies, they use a fuel injector unlike the Lectron carburetors Schnitz were selling a few years back
Thomas