TECHNICAL > NITROUS

fogging the airbox

(1/6) > >>

nineguy:
How long have some of you been fogging with a single in the air box or dual in the ram air? Please list any issues

GSXRTURBO1:
I think most are well past that type of setup, a spraybar setup is superior wet or dry

Ghost-Geezer:
Talk to me about what I would need to do for a small "dry shot" if I wanted a tad more "zip"...........or could I even do it with my bike without stressing it out or without requiring a master mechanic to install it.  What is involved?.

Thanks,

Dave

P.S. I want it reasonably easy to do on my lift and "fogging the airbox" sounds easier to me than installing a rail system of some sort.   

Busashot:
From my experience, spray bars are very nice for a harder more precise hit. You can feel the difference.When using the fogging method IMHO is best with 2 nozzles in or near the ram-air tubes to fill the airbox sooner and fill it fuller. The hit is still slower than a bar which can be a benefit when launching with it but depends on your bike setup as we all know.

I use a 65hp shot but have tried a 100hp shot with S2000 injectors and ECU Editor triggering the second map. I bought the cheap Cold Fusion kit along with a few Dynotune nitrous components. I used the funnel jets and for small shots this kit has been reliable for me except for when vibration from the bike cause the nut that holds the solenoid together to fall off at the strip. Solenoids don't work well when the body separates.  :hys:

Ghost-Geezer:

--- Quote from: Busashot on October 16, 2015, 06:45:24 PM ---From my experience, spray bars are very nice for a harder more precise hit. You can feel the difference.When using the fogging method IMHO is best with 2 nozzles in or near the ram-air tubes to fill the airbox sooner and fill it fuller. The hit is still slower than a bar which can be a benefit when launching with it but depends on your bike setup as we all know.

I use a 65hp shot but have tried a 100hp shot with S2000 injectors and ECU Editor triggering the second map. I bought the cheap Cold Fusion kit along with a few Dynotune nitrous components. I used the funnel jets and for small shots this kit has been reliable for me except for when vibration from the bike cause the nut that holds the solenoid together to fall off at the strip. Solenoids don't work well when the body separates.  :hys:

--- End quote ---

On second thought, I just might let Rodney set me up with a little dry shot, with a rail, nothing radical, like a 20 shot, if possible...........that might be a good little project to give him in the dead of winter this year.  Hell, I'll completely defer to him............any way he wants.   :tu:

After all, it is my duty to spend at least a portion of the kid's inheritance money............yes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version